Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

fix the headlights.

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fix the headlights.

Well yesterday I fixed the headlights they were all scummed up and couldnt even see inside them. So went to advance auto parts and bought some turtle wax headlight cleaner comes with a 5step solution and some sandpaper pads. my little sister could do this stuff. came out ALOT better not what I want but looks alot clearer. I wish I had pictures to show you but def. worth the $15 I spent on it.

Also got some wheel polish and also got my shift boot fixed thats to the metal ring. Car is coming togather not dropping bunch of money on mods like I want to but hey little details help me get thru. now all I need is a new ashtray lid 98-02 carmro and a new driver window switch holder thing that sitts in the door that holds the widow lock and mirrior switches.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Staging Lane

I got pictures finally.
before

after
Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 PM
Launching!

nice improvment! To keep them nice or if you want them to shine even more try some plastic polish and a good microfiber towel. Ive used it on headlights that bad on other family vehicles and they come out looking brand new. I use it on my tailights
Old 07-06-2010, 12:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive used the Meguirs headlight restore kit but it comes with the polish wheel and a lil bottle of PlasticX and i think a microfiber towel but i could be wrong but i water sanded mine and started with 400 grit sand paper and worked up to 2000 just to be on the safe side but yours looks like a night and day diff
Old 07-06-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

They look slightly better but they still appear substantially fogged up. What grits of sandpaper did that kit come with? I think you would have been better off with some individually purchased sandpaper and some paint compound.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

thank you everyone.

I dont know what grit it came with but it didnt feel like it was getting in there deep enough.

I only wanted to make them look better till I got the money to buy some halo or HID ones with the black background so it was well worth it.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by formulafast
I only wanted to make them look better till I got the money to buy some halo or HID ones with the black background so it was well worth it.
That works too. Keep in mind that the dual halo headlights already come with (crappy) projectors. Just add HIDs.

Quick Reply: fix the headlights.