Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

PIAA 510 and bulb ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PIAA 510 and bulb ?s

Hey Guys, I'm looking at getting a set of the 510s to replace the factory fogs on my T/A but am wondering which ones I should get - the driving or the fogs? Also, can you get the fogs and then replace the bulbs with a white bulb and get rid of the yellow? because I do not want yellow lights no matter what. Lastly, I was wondering which wattage bulbs to get and which color temp. I know the starting wattage bulbs are 55w that perform like 85w bulbs, but was also wondering how much brighter the 85w/135w bulbs perform? Lastly, I want a pure white color, with almost no blue and was looking at the 3800K and the 4150K. I hope you guys can help me out. Thanks.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the 510 driving lights on mine. The bulbs that come with it rock ***. Seriously.
I unfortunately suffered rock chips on both lenses and water has forced me to get new lenses and new bulbs....this time i went with the plasma bulbs. Brightest cool-blue bulbs you can get without going into non-functional blue light. I would reccomend looking into a sheet of 3M's headlight protector stuff to cover them. I donno if it's on the market..i got a sample a long time ago..but get something..510s and rocks don't play well.