Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Broken Wiper Arm.......Help

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2003, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken Wiper Arm.......Help

I was washing my car today and had both wipers in standing position. I completely forgot about them and opened the hood and guess what .......it hit the passenger side wiper and I heard a big cracking noise......there it was I had broken the wiper arm on my brand new 2002 WS6!

So team, pls tell me what should I do? Any idea where I can get a wiper arm cheap? Can I have it done by dealer under warranty? Also I took the bolt off for the wiper arm to take the broken piece off but it does not come out.....what do I have to do to take it out.

I might buy anohter wiper arm or try and glue it with super glue.....but first I gotta take it out.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Adnan
Old 01-06-2003, 03:30 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Broken Wiper Arm.......Help

I am really not sure where its broken but I would order the piaa wiper blades from after market auto thoughts.They are a sponsor and they are in hurst I beleive which is right around the corner from us.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:31 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry I notice you said arm not blade.Take it to the dealer or better yet call them and ask if they will cover it under warranty.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May want to take another look. It's common to break the windshield before you break the arms.

Moving to Appearence section.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:16 AM
Staging Lane

I've broken two arms on my '94. I doubt they will replace them under warrenty and the arm is a dealer item. Price for one is around $50 if i remember correctly, not cheap. To replace you have to take the bolt off. Now the manual says you need a special tool to remove the arm, i bought this tool and all it does is bend. What works is to flip the arm up, grab the far end of the blade and use a rocking, pulling type motion. It's a bitch, but it will come off.
Old 01-06-2003, 08:26 AM
On The Tree

See if the dealer will warranty it. It is a major PITA to remove the wiper arms as the holes are tapered and splined. In order to remove the arm without taking off the hood (on a '96 Z28), you will have to buy a Kent-Moore wiper arm puller. About $58, if you can find one (we couldn't). We tried many other pullers but couldn't get them to fit under the edge of the hood. I finally made one out of a piece of 1/4" wall 1 1/2" square tubing and a 1/4 - 20 bolt. Still not fun, as when it finally popped (sounded like a .22LR going off) we thought the windshield broke. Lukily it didn't.
Old 01-06-2003, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I did the same thing. I went to the dealership they would not fix under warranty but the trim guy came out with a little tool the just popped it off. I bought the new one and stuck it right on. Not that hard to fix once you ge the old off. They didn't charge me for popping what was left of the old one off since I bought a new one while I was there. Good luck. Be sure and check your windshield. I had a little nick in mine.

Quick Reply: Broken Wiper Arm.......Help