Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

found a new us exotics superhawk hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 03:05 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Question about the finish: it looks very glossy as if it's already painted. How can that be if this hood is unfinished fiberglass? If someone were to leave the hood unpainted, how does it look compared to factory black cars? How would you clean the hood, and would it be necessary to wax it?
Old 03-02-2015, 12:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by myk
Question about the finish: it looks very glossy as if it's already painted. How can that be if this hood is unfinished fiberglass? If someone were to leave the hood unpainted, how does it look compared to factory black cars? How would you clean the hood, and would it be necessary to wax it?
That's the gelcoat finish that you see. Cleaning uncovered gelcoat, I have no idea but have heard of people leaving them unfinished for years at a time with no problems.

Here is a pic of the color difference on a black car:

Old 03-02-2015, 07:47 PM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the picture, that helps a lot...
Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The paint seems decent enough on mine. Shines as good as the rest of the car. Unfortunately this is the only photo I have at the moment, which obviously has been touched by Photoshop.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

so have you gotten your replacement hood yet? i guess your going to have to pay shipping only?

any other pictures?

i cant decide between the WS9 outlaw or the superhawk
Old 03-19-2015, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

If your referring to me, I haven't received a replacement hood yet. Roger is communicating with me. He is paying the shipping cost. No pictures right now.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

This October will be 2yrs. from initial purchase and I still don't have a hood that fits. Roger is still selling hoods on eBay, but I'm not sure if he is filling the orders. He has cut communications off with me again.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucks dude
I received my replacement hood last month
I dunno why to tell ya
Old 06-13-2015, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stroked383HSR
That sucks dude
I received my replacement hood last month
I dunno why to tell ya
Well, I did agree to try a new louver design out. But I'm thinking that was just a ploy to buy more time. That still doesn't make up for the lack of communication.
Old 06-13-2015, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RebelRider
Well, I did agree to try a new louver design out. But I'm thinking that was just a ploy to buy more time. That still doesn't make up for the lack of communication.
Yep! I agree ... He did take forever to reply back but I always got a text from him

I had an Outlaw hood to start with and he sent me a superhawk with carbon running down the sides where the stripes would go .... So I now have 2 hoods but haven't mounted the superhawk yet

I stay on him but it took forever to get a reply but I did get one
Old 06-13-2015, 02:43 PM
On The Tree

Yep! I agree ... He did take forever to reply back but I always got a text from him

I had an Outlaw hood to start with and he sent me a superhawk with carbon running down the sides where the stripes would go .... So I now have 2 hoods but haven't mounted the superhawk yet

It's been so long, that I'm about over the superhawk look. I'll stay on his *** about it.

Last edited by RebelRider; 06-13-2015 at 04:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

So you have the Outlaw hood and Superhawk hood? Are both in good condition, and are you planning on keeping both? Hit me up if you'd be willing to part with one.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:10 AM
On The Tree

I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I'm hoping it will give people an idea what they will possibly deal with buying from Roger.

Cliffs: Since October 2013 I have a crappy fitting hood and have seen 4 promise dates for a refund go by.

Long version:
I originally let this thread convince me to go with Us exotics over his cheaper competitor.

I originally purchase the hood from him off of eBay in October 2013. I should have backed out of the deal when I figured out he doesn't accept paypal. "Propay" only. I got my hood several months later only to have it warped. After SEVERAL missed dates on my replacement, I told Roger I wanted my refund. He agreed and totally understood my request. Since then, he has missed 4 promise dates on my refund. Every time he contacts me (after I contact him first) it always an excuse. He tells me he hopes to have my refund within the next week after he sells a hood.
Roger, if your reading this or have someone who is......I would like a refund. I bought a hood from you for a good fitment. I didn't buy from you to have a text buddy that tells me about their money issues and running low on resin.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 70 Posts

^^ I agree with you. If you pay for what you order, then they in return should pay you back in exact fashion if you are unhappy with a product for a viable reason. No if,ands or buts. I would say contact the BBB and make a complaint asap***
Old 07-30-2015, 06:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2JAWZ
^^ I agree with you. If you pay for what you order, then they in return should pay you back in exact fashion if you are unhappy with a product for a viable reason. No if,ands or buts. I would say contact the BBB and make a complaint asap***
I may try and contact eBay to see what they can do. He has 100% positive feedback for some reason. By the time I got my first hood, the option for giving feedback had expired.
Old 07-30-2015, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude I hate that is happening.

you have been dealing with it since 2013?

I didnt have to wait that long.

you sure something else aint up?

have you called? texted? and emailed?
Old 07-30-2015, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

October 2013 was the original purchase date. He has kept a good attitude the entire time, but I've had enough at this point. I've tried calling him before but he will not answer. I've exchanged several text and emails with him. If I text him right now, by Saturday I should have a response with a laundry list of excuses.

Edit: I should add, a couple months went by where the hood sat in my spare bedroom before I tried to install it. I can't hold those against him. It was well within the first year from the initial purchase.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RebelRider
I hate to keep bumping this thread, but I'm hoping it will give people an idea what they will possibly deal with buying from Roger.

Cliffs: Since October 2013 I have a crappy fitting hood and have seen 4 promise dates for a refund go by.

Long version:
I originally let this thread convince me to go with Us exotics over his cheaper competitor.

I originally purchase the hood from him off of eBay in October 2013. I should have backed out of the deal when I figured out he doesn't accept paypal. "Propay" only. I got my hood several months later only to have it warped. After SEVERAL missed dates on my replacement, I told Roger I wanted my refund. He agreed and totally understood my request. Since then, he has missed 4 promise dates on my refund. Every time he contacts me (after I contact him first) it always an excuse. He tells me he hopes to have my refund within the next week after he sells a hood.
Roger, if your reading this or have someone who is......I would like a refund. I bought a hood from you for a good fitment. I didn't buy from you to have a text buddy that tells me about their money issues and running low on resin.

Ouch that's been a long time! I'm surprised he actually replaced stroked383HSR's hood... I'm still waiting on mine and we received our original hoods about the same time. I have been pretty easy on him but this is getting pretty ridiculous, but I can't even imagine waiting 2 years and no resolution. He's been giving me the whole excuses list in his last texts too. I hope roger doesn't just keep blowing us off and expect he won't have to worry about it...
Old 07-31-2015, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

I was just trying to get a replacement until a couple months ago. I got fed up and asked for a refund. I'm starting to think I won't be getting it.
I think the reason he doesn't use paypal is so they can't go back in and retrieve funds.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

Starting to get an uneasy feeling.....

Quick Reply: found a new us exotics superhawk hood