Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cleaning plastic interior pieces??

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default cleaning plastic interior pieces??

Hey all,

I've got some scuffs etc. on my plastic interior pieces. Was wondering what you guys use to clean the interior plastic? I was going to get the zaino plastic cleaner but it said that it is not for porous surfaces and our plastic is pretty porous. Oh, and what about cleaning the inner windshield? I've been using hot water and a wash cloth but it doesn't keep it clean for more than about 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Russ
Old 01-12-2003, 09:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: cleaning plastic interior pieces??

To clean the plastic inside the car I like to use either, Simple green, or Armor All brand cleaner. For the inside of the windshield, I really don't know what to tell you man, i've used everything, even Windex and alot of elbow grease, (It's a real bitch to clean the inner windshield, I think you need to own a pet orangatang to do it for you or something.)No matter what i've used, if you roll with the windows down, or T-tops off for any amount of time, Or if you smoke, it gets this film on the inside after two to four weeks.
Old 01-13-2003, 08:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never been a big fan of armorall. I've seen it do some pretty nasty things to older classic cars. I've never tried simple green, although it seems like it's a bit harsh for plastic?? I guess if you dilute it enough it would be okay.

I do roll with the windows down quite a bit and it is frustrating as hell because the windshield is a pain to clean and it's got that film in no time at all.
Old 01-13-2003, 07:42 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the film that is developing on your windshield is the plastic cleanant evaporating. I have heard of this a lot. For cleaning the plastic, just use warm water and a rag. If you put any type of protectant on it, it evaporates and creats a film on the windshield.

Quick Reply: cleaning plastic interior pieces??