Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Does anyone have a Trans Am Template

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone have a Trans Am Template

Does anyone have a template or something that I can print out and trace. I need a template of the Trans Am emblem on the doors. I want to paint it on my fuel rail covers. I'm too cheap to order decals for them so I want to paint them on if I can.

Also, what should I use to fill the word corvette?

TIA
Old 02-05-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I used Bondo's "quick fix" it comes in a can that just "squirts" it out....and I used decals
Old 02-06-2004, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
I used Bondo's "quick fix" it comes in a can that just "squirts" it out....and I used decals
Thanks. I'll have to look for that bondo. I think I am going to paint them black with silver flames instead of putting on the word Trans Am.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Just pay the $10-15 for the decals and be done with it. It's going to be a LOT more work tracing and cutting out letters than if you just applied the decals. What are you going to use for a template material and how are you going to seal it down tight enought on the curved face of the FRCs so that the paint does not leak through. Your best bet is to use a paint mask which if you have cut will cost as much or more than just buying the decal.

Good luck.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 02-06-2004, 06:44 PM
Teching In

I agree with Parbreak.
Old 02-07-2004, 01:21 AM
Staging Lane

i did a trick on my friends ta, I took a sheet of tracing paper and used the ones on his door and use a 2f pencil, shaved half of it off and schetched away. I then had something to go with. I then made a corrugated template than made a mylar template of this. I can now make designs on FRC or windows or even paint them on the doors themselves.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by speedy_g
i did a trick on my friends ta, I took a sheet of tracing paper and used the ones on his door and use a 2f pencil, shaved half of it off and schetched away. I then had something to go with. I then made a corrugated template than made a mylar template of this. I can now make designs on FRC or windows or even paint them on the doors themselves.
Thanks, I might try that. I've been leaning towards forgetting this idea and just paint the frcs black with silver flames.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have a Trans Am Template