Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Maguiars Ultimate Wax Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up Maguiars Ultimate Wax Review

I have been using Meguiar Products for a good long time and I definitly have some favorites. But there comes a time where I just need to get some wax on a car and time is a factor. I always follow cars up with Ult. Quick Wax just to ensure the Hydrophobic layer of protection.

I do not have pictures as the car is GM Light Pewter Metallic and simply put, the camera could not do it justice.

In Connecticut we had a really bad winter and I had a horrible time trying to maintain cars so basically after our most recent snow storm. I finally got a 48 degree day where I could wash, dry, and wax for some basic protection.

Process:

-Wash Rims, Tires, and Wheel Wells with Bleech White
-Wash Car with Warm Water and Meg's Gold Class car wash
-Blade off water, followed with Water Magnets
-Apply Ult Wax over the whole car on the heavy handed side

** Car was pretty smooth on the surface so no clay bar, but she will be buffed soon.

Followed up with the Black MF towel provided in the kit.

The Wax hazed perfect about 5-10 mins after applying so I could go in one sweeping motion. Wax came off with out much effort. Using outside sunlight I managed to find some spots I still had to go back over but no residuals were left over. A Major plus of this product.

The real nice part is the flake in the paint looks almost wet to the touch and the paint feels buttery smooth.

I am very impressed with the product and a great compliment to the other products in the "Ultimate" line.

Do yourself a favor and get this wax.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I bought some the other day and plan on waxing it monday
Old 04-02-2011, 08:52 PM
Internet Mechanic

You won't be disappointed. That is for sure.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read all the positive reviews for this stuff and had to try it out; I was extremely disappointed. It goes on clear so it's hard to see where you've applied it but good if you get some on the trim. Removing the wax was the worst part, I've never used a wax that took more effort. All the reviews on this stuff seems to be from people with light colored cars. I applied it to a black car so I think that's why I was able to see the residue left behind. Anyways, I've already returned it and will go back to my old wax... Anyone else used this on a black car?
Old 04-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Internet Mechanic

Next 2 cars are a Met. Purple and my NBM T/A.

I will say if your having issues removing, your putting too much on. An exp eye can see where the product is.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YOFAB
I've read all the positive reviews for this stuff and had to try it out; I was extremely disappointed. It goes on clear so it's hard to see where you've applied it but good if you get some on the trim. Removing the wax was the worst part, I've never used a wax that took more effort. All the reviews on this stuff seems to be from people with light colored cars. I applied it to a black car so I think that's why I was able to see the residue left behind. Anyways, I've already returned it and will go back to my old wax... Anyone else used this on a black car?
I saw a video on youtube showing how easy it is to take this wax off. It was on a black car, and from the looks of it, it came off very easily.

I'll have to try this out whenever I get around to waxing my car.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM
Internet Mechanic

Waxed my wife's Purple HHR, Worked awesome. Shimmers perfectly.

Quick Reply: Maguiars Ultimate Wax Review