Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Berger Stripes ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 04:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Berger Stripes ?

I have a 2000 Camaro SS in white and I would like to add RED Berger Stripes on the car. The ones that go from the edge of the nose (dual stripes) up the hood to the end of the hood (the stripes also come up some on the hood scoop as well).

Anyways, I been searching and the one place that sells them is not responding to my emails

HERE IS A LINK (this link is kinda hard to see the dividing line between the stripe and the scoop vinyl)

http://www.3rdgendecals.com/CustomerPages/Cesar.htm

(this stripe kit has a line between the stripe and the vinyl that goes on the scoop itself. I personally rather have NO LINE)

http://www.3rdgendecals.com/CustomerPages/DaveJ.htm

Anyways, that company claims they will make the berger stripe (the stripe that does not have the line between the stripe and the hood scoop. Its just one continuous stripe that goes up the hood scoop).

I been emailing and emailing them. But no answer.

I have the Manta stripe on now. Looks great. but I think the stripes would be nicer. I have personally installed 3 sets of manta stripes on my camaro's. They are a BITCH AND A HALF because getting them to lay down around the hood scoop is near impossible without a wrinkle or two. I have now done enough of them to have a style where wrinkles are at a complete minimum. You hardly see ANY imperfections.
So I am willing to try this stripe that does not have the separation lines (with the separation lines, its so much easier but I think it looks cheasier)

So my question is: Where can I buy a set from? Obviously Third Gen is not responding. So I need to look elsewhere. I heard yearone.com sells them but I didnt see them.

Brent Franker doesnt make these either.

Any help

And if you know of a white ss with red berger stripes, please post up pictures. I would LOVE to see them.

I was going to do the checkered stripe in red but I seen a red checkered stripe on a black ss and it looked cheesier. If you know of a checkered stripe in red on a WHITE ss I would LOVE to see that too!

Thanks for all your help!
Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say a vinyl shop and have them look at pics compared to your car to try and get the size of the strips right. A lot of shops like that will do it and not care about the copy right stuff or whatever it's called cause there just wanting your money, lol. And the other thing about that is a lot of them can put it on the car for you and that way if it messes up, it's on them and not you. I had a place make me some Hockey strips for my car and when I went to put them on, the end part would have been about a foot below the door handle so I ended up taking them back with the pics and they refunded all of my money without much hassle. If you buy offline and something messes up, then you gotta ship back and wait for either a refund or another set of strips. Just my $0.02 though.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:22 PM
On The Tree

nevermind. Mr. 3rd Gen Decals got back to me!

I purchased cardinal red berger stripes

Lets see how they look when I put them on

I do have one charcoal grey metallic manta stripe hood scoop vinyl for sale. 75.00 takes it
Old 06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

come on peeps. Must be SOMEONE with berger stripes on their white SS?!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Have you put them on yet?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How did they turn out?

Quick Reply: Berger Stripes ?