Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

texas license plate laws

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 04:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

forward most part of the vehicle....technically its a secoundary violation which means that you have to commit another crime(ie speeding) to actually be ticketed for it but there are ways around that if a LEO wants to stop you..and i know people are going to say well i was stopped and that was the only ticket i was given, well A: you were given a break on a primary violation or B: that was your only violation but the LEO used the suspicious vehicle reason to intitiate the stop and then ticketed you for the plate...just because they say well i stopped you for no front plate doesn't actually mean thats the technical reason for the stop (sorry for long post)
Old 02-18-2011, 07:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I though Texas had changed it to where only one plate was needed?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 215 Likes on 176 Posts

troopers love makin money off of no front plate
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Suction cups holding the plate on the windshield will not get you out of it... I had that and the State Trooper stopped me for no front license plate, I showed him pointing to the winshield and he laughed and said "hey bud, its not like we're piloting planes or helicopters" In another words, it kind of makes sense, the slope or angle of our windshields does not make the plate that visible. So... I guess it depends on the officer, but I like many got frustrated at getting stopped just for that.... Plate rests at the spot it belongs to, even though I don't like how it flows with my Trans Am.... it'll stay there untill I figure something out.....
Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 PM
Staging Lane

Well I finally found the electronic ones. $150. It's worth it though. I've paid $165 I think twice already for not having it mounted. So it's worth it to me.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Holy 8 years old
Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by transam5.7lt1
Suction cups holding the plate on the windshield will not get you out of it... ....
I always been too paranoid to do that, I figure if in a crash or hard stop the plate might fling off the holders and come in my direction.

Originally Posted by Camaro34657
Well I finally found the electronic ones. $150. It's worth it though. I've paid $165 I think twice already for not having it mounted. So it's worth it to me.
Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Holy 8 years old
modern day tech to solve age old problem.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Staging Lane

I started seaching and just kept finding the SLP ones. They are nice, but not my style. Just have to wait a week to order mine. I am just tired of getting pulled over for the same thing. And always having to give the cop some dumb excuse.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:15 PM
TECH Addict

There's alot of cars locally that have their plates on the front windshield. Corvettes, Camaros, Trans Ams, Cobra's, Trucks & Imports. Idk if they have been ticketed or not for it but there's alot of them. So im guessing thats 1 of the few things local cops arent bothering with right now.

Ive had more trouble with State Troopers about that then any other law enforcement. Got 2 warnings in 1 day for not having my front plate by state troopers. I have been ticketed for it by a city cop, but they were handing out tickets left and right at the local drag spot i guess you would call it. You know where everyone goes and drives around on a certain night. The cop was literally in the street, going from car to car to car down the line. I guess finding reasons to ticket ppl, saw no front plate on my car and gave me the ticket. Quickly got it dismissed though.

Quick Reply: texas license plate laws