Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Santa brought me a PC XP7424!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Santa brought me a PC XP7424!

So i'm the proud new owner of the Porter Cable XP7424, a Lake Country pad set and some Meguiar's m105 and m205 polishing compounds. So far this thing is a dream to use, I can see why people rave about em. I'm doing the car today at work so I'll post pics up later of the results.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

They are very nice polishers been using one since 2008 and love it. Congrats!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

some pics, more to come when the sun comes out more...
Attached Thumbnails Santa brought me a PC XP7424!-taclean1.jpg   Santa brought me a PC XP7424!-taclean2.jpg   Santa brought me a PC XP7424!-taclean.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

better pics...love that Meg's polish, very easy to work with and great results
Attached Thumbnails Santa brought me a PC XP7424!-taclean3.jpg   Santa brought me a PC XP7424!-taclean5.jpg   Santa brought me a PC XP7424!-taclean4.jpg  
Old 12-26-2011, 01:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks really good man! Takes a while, but it pays off. I was up in the air with that polisher. I bought the Meguires G110V2 instead. Looks great, works great, feels great and still rotates when you lay into it because it has tons of power.

Meg105/205 dust like hell! If you thing those are great, try Menzerna SIP and Super Nano Finish. Works even better! No dust and you can work the product longer so you use less. I swear by it.

I will say the new Megs microfiber system with the cutting pads and compound is fantastic too FYI. The compound even smells like cinnamon! I final polish with a black pad and nano finish and top it all with Cquartz ceramic sealant. It reduces scratches by up to 50% and lasts up to 2 years on daily driven cars. Mine isn't daily driven however.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that damn santa must have stopped at your place before mine and ran out... good job
Old 12-26-2011, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
Looks really good man! Takes a while, but it pays off. I was up in the air with that polisher. I bought the Meguires G110V2 instead. Looks great, works great, feels great and still rotates when you lay into it because it has tons of power.

Meg105/205 dust like hell! If you thing those are great, try Menzerna SIP and Super Nano Finish. Works even better! No dust and you can work the product longer so you use less. I swear by it.

I will say the new Megs microfiber system with the cutting pads and compound is fantastic too FYI. The compound even smells like cinnamon! I final polish with a black pad and nano finish and top it all with Cquartz ceramic sealant. It reduces scratches by up to 50% and lasts up to 2 years on daily driven cars. Mine isn't daily driven however.
thanks for the compliment! I will try the Menzerna combo you mentioned the next go 'round for sure. I did notice the dusting you're talking about but I didn't think much of it at the time. I'm kinda just getting into using serious detailing products so i'm definitely gonna experiment with different brands.

Quick Reply: Santa brought me a PC XP7424!