Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LT1 Comp T/A style stripe

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 08:57 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default LT1 Comp T/A style stripe

My Trans Am is going to have to be repainted at some point in time, was thinking about adding a Comp TA style stripe. It would be throw back to the Comp TA cars and 25th Anniv LT1 cars. The car is red and I want to do the stripe painted in a Viper Steel Grey or similar color. On the Comp T/A the stripe is the same theme as the 25th Anniv Cars, solid stripe with an out line. I think the out line works because that bit of color helps the stripe blend in to the car, a solid stripe with no break to me tends to stick out. Now the main difference being how and where it terminates is what separates the 25th from the Comp. On the Comp T/A you can clearly see it ends at the hood, on the 25th cars it ends at the nose cover.

I think I have an issue, I have a Firehawk hood, not a WS6, so my hood is a bit more rounded and no where as near as defined as the WS6 hood. So I am not sure on how the stripe would end. I have seen the stripe done on 25ths with a WS6 style hood, the WS6 hood has that middle line that separates the nostrils and moves towards the nose, the angles are sharp so I think that really helps. Firehawk hood doesn't really have that, the lines are a lot softer. So the issue is, how do you end the stripe and make it look good? I am thinking it would have to end at the hood like a Comp T/A but the shape may be an issue. The stripe would some how have to incorporate the lines of the hood to look right, or end like how a 25th stripe is suppose to end but on the hood. From a paint stand point, would it be to much to match the stripe color and do a CETA in the same shade?

93 TA

Actual Comp Trans Ams

Factory 25th

25th with a Ram Air Hood

Viper color

Old 12-31-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nah, a good body man handy with some fine-line tape can take care of that, no problem. I'd print off as many pics as you can find and try to get the Viper's paint code...will make his job much easier
Old 01-03-2012, 04:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not at all, I think it would be stupid to not to a matching CETA mod
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like how the Comp T/A stripe doesnt come as far forward on the front as the 25th anniversary.

Quick Reply: LT1 Comp T/A style stripe