Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Carpet Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carpet Questions

Okay so I hate my carpet. It's gray. Gray carpet sucks. Not only is it gray, its stained pretty badly. I want black floors one way or another. I've had a couple ideas.

First is the obvious idea, new carpet. I would get lightweight stuff because my car is already going on a diet. Weight is a huge issue for me. Style not so much and comfort is just kind of important.
Second there is the option of dying the carpet like I've seen a few guys on here do. That is a cheap option but it does nothing for weight loss.
And third (my favorite) is just tearing the carpet out and painting the floors black. I just don't want it to look like total ****. A stranger should be able to get in my car and not think "holy **** this is ugly" instantly. I will have all 4 seats in the car except on track days. Like I said, comfort doesn't really matter. I drove a k5 blazer with no interior and true duals for months so I'm familiar with the noise and heat. Not an issue.

My question is, how do the cars look with no carpet and otherwise full interior? Anyone else ever done this and painted the floors black? Another option would be the rubber flooring that trucks sometimes come with but I assume that **** is heavy.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to get rolling on putting new carpet in soon.. I don't know how that would look..i doubt it would look good but maybe im wrong. I think you would see it more if it was, also its gonna make road noise really suck if you travel.
Old 02-15-2012, 12:50 PM
Launching!

Yeah the road noise really doesn't bother me. I actually prefer it to an extent. I love the feeling of being completely in touch with the road and car. I don't really care about cosmetics either but I also don't want people to think my car is a pos. I'm gonna test it out and worse comes to worse I have to put carpet back in it.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ya id paint it black or do whatever with it first and if you dont like it just throw some black carpet down