Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

black braided high pressure hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default black braided high pressure hoses?

Does anyone know where i can find -6an braided hose in black or smoke for my highpressure powersteering to hydroboost? All i can find are the natural ss braided lines but everything under hood is currently blacked out. I dont care for the wire loom over hose look but would be open to some kind of covering that has a nice appearance. Anyone ever put heatshrink over the hose portions? Ive heard of bikers doing it but never actually seen what it looks like. Harrisspeed works used make up hoses and offered black but i cant find it on their site anymore and im guessing for the length id need to run the hose along the fender to hide it that route would get pretty pricey.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:03 PM
On The Tree

jegs sells braided black hose.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

no one to my knowledge make black HIGH PRESSURE hose (which is what you MUST use)

one good option would be a long piece of heat shrink, or use painless wiring "power braid". search on google or summit and you can see what it looks like. Very show quality wire loom. I did my entire engine bay with it.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. Yea all the black hoses are nylon ones rated at 350 psi which is not even close to being enough. Ill check out that wrap by painless. Wonder how the heatshrink methos looks? Heard of it but never seen it.

Quick Reply: black braided high pressure hoses?