Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Blackbird stripes...Flat black or charcoal metallic?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blackbird stripes...Flat black or charcoal metallic?

Hey guys, just looking for some opinions because I'm having a hard time deciding because I think both colors would look amazing! Originally I was going after the blackbird theme with the charcoal metallic stripes and blackbird painted tt2s because I love subtle accents. Now just recently seeing some of the members on here with the black WS6 and flat black blackbird stripes, it looks so subtle but yet so good i'm not sure what I want to do? Normally I'm not a stripe guy at all, but the blackbird stripes are so subtle and looks classy to me. Anyways, I have a black WS6 and plan on doing the TT2s painted a dark spiral grey metallic.
Would you guys go with the flat black blackbird stripes, or the charcoal metallic blackbird stripes? Thanks for any help or opinions!
Old 08-18-2012, 10:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Flat black for sure. Less is more is my opinion.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:24 AM
12 Second Club

i went with the flat black on my WS6.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

flat black here!!! mine is the thread right below this one!! i was on the same boat as you .....wasnt too sure about stripes on my car, but the flat black on a black car is SURELY the way to go....very subtle and noticed at some angles
Old 08-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys! Yea your thread was actually the one that made me reconsider flat black lol. I think I'm leaning more towards flat black because of how subtle it is. Plus I think the painted tt2s will still go with it nicely! Any other opinions feel free! Thanks guys!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Where did you guys order your stripes from?? I have a 99 silver ws6 and am debating on a color to go with for the blackbird stripes. I'm leaning toward a silver that is slightly deeper than my paint, something very subtle that won't be too noticeable. Also, im trying to have the stripes cut so that the accent that says ram air is the color that came on the hood. I'm going to color match my stripes and then have my back lower bumper sprayed the same as the stripes. I may get it vinyled in case I don't like it. What you guys think?? Opinions please!!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Forgot to say.....your cars look effin good!!

Quick Reply: Blackbird stripes...Flat black or charcoal metallic?