Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Menzerna Help !!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2004, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Menzerna Help !!!

I just received my Menzerna polish and pad kit today from properautocare and the ultimate PC. I clayed and used the orange power pad that came with the kit. Set the PC on 3.5ish misted the pad and applied 2 8" lines of the IP on the rear wing of my Navy Blue Metallic T/A. It made it look better but I can still see some small markings etc. I've used pressure and so on. None of them seem very deap at all, like you can't feel. They look just like swirls, not horrible, but to us picky folks they are still there. What do I do? Use more IP and more pressure? More speed?? I did notice that the IP started flaking kinda... I guess it was drying out, but it seemed really soon for that to happen. I shook the IP just incase aswell. I originally thought it was going to cut pretty quick and leave a hazy look to the paint, but it shined like hell.

I did about 1/3 of the wing with 2 8" lines of product. Should I work in smaller areas?

Also the vicking micro (power scrubbers) that came with it SUCK Horribly. after wiping the left over IP off, they left some fine swirl markings, but those came out with IP. I went back and used some of the other micro's I had, but for now I guess I'll have to get some from pakshack?? or where?

Thanks for any tips etc. I'll be searching more and more.
Also I did apply a little wolfgang to a small section... man that stuff is awesome, very very slick.
Old 04-07-2004, 08:48 PM
10 Second Club

I run the PC at "5" for IP. I originally used the orange pad but recently switched to the white pad for IP and FP with good results. I do not apply pressure; the weight of the polisher itself is good enough. You need to move the polisher at moderate slow speed, not too fast. When I first used Menzerna, I used the IP three times before switching to FP. I do the whole spoiler in one "working". It does seem like you are using too much IP for that small of an area, as soon as I see the IP drying I stop.

I've heard good thinngs about Wolfgang, but I recently switched from Blackfire to Menzerna Power Glaze and FMJ with excellent results. See pick below where you can see the Pontiac logo reflecting on the top bumper.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks, I think I may be working too large of an area actually, or I'm not getting the product broke down enough with 3.5 speed. I don't think the IP has enough cut to go through the clear so I may move a little slower. I was moving it around pretty quick.
Old 04-08-2004, 01:47 AM
On The Tree

Does the IP help w/ spiderwebs?
Old 04-08-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

TXLSS, Yes - IP will generally remove all spiderwebbing when followed with Final Polish.

Brandon - I definetely recommend a higher speed to better work the abrasives. IP applied with a PC would have a hell of a time cutting through your clear coat - I'd definetely work it a little slower than you have been. I think you'll find the results astounding.

-Tom