Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Gauge Bezel Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Gauge Bezel Installation

I just installed some white face gauges and am having a problem reinstalling the bezel. Do I need to disconnect the wiring from the fog light? Do I need to remove the tilt lever? If so how.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:43 PM
Launching!

I did mine tonight, yes unscrew the tilt lever and remove the 4 clips at the bottom by unscrewing them also. Once in place, reach around and put the clips back on. BTW, I have a SS.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BAD XXX
I did mine tonight, yes unscrew the tilt lever and remove the 4 clips at the bottom by unscrewing them also. Once in place, reach around and put the clips back on. BTW, I have a SS.

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll do it tomorrow morning. BTW...how did you line up the needles when you put them back on?
Old 04-13-2004, 10:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

XXX's look like the overlays that don't require needle removal; notice the large hole in the center of the gauges for the needle to slip through? I had to mark the exact position on my old gauge face with a nail and then quickly swap the new face on before the coolant temp went down. It also helps if you turn the key to the ON position so that you'll know exactly where the TACH and SPEEDO needles are when they are getting voltage. Hope that helps

Last edited by ddelallata; 04-13-2004 at 10:19 PM. Reason: incorrect content
Old 04-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ddelallata
XXX's look like the overlays that don't require needle removal; notice the large hole in the center of the gauges for the needle to slip through? I had to mark the exact position on my old gauge face with a nail and then quickly swap the new face on before the coolant temp went down. It also helps if you turn the key to the ON position so that you'll know exactly where the TACH and SPEEDO needles are when they are getting voltage. Hope that helps
Will be doing this tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Gauge Bezel Installation