StockInteriors Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default StockInteriors Carpet

So I'm planning on purchasing new carpet from stock interiors. This one:

http://www.stockinteriors.com/AutoCa...d=5&ModelId=71

I've acquired all of the parts for an ebony interior swap (leather door panels, seats, etc.). What color carpet should I purchase? The black or the charcoal? I've never fully understood which color was most correct for the ebony interior.

If anyone has pictures with the ebony interior and straight black carpet, it'd be very helpful. Also, if anyone has any opinions on "plush" vs "ultra plush" cut piles, that'd be helpful as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:23 PM
scj
TECH Addict

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I used stock interiors black carpet but I bought it nib but used. So idk if it was plus or ultra plus. It was actually for a 3rd gen, but the floors are practically the same in the 3rd and 4th gens, so it worked perfectly. It's really really black though, quite a bit darker than ebony interior panels, but it creates a good amount of contrast and looks good. There are some pictures in my build thread. Link in my sig.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

First off, ridiculous build. You really went all out. One day I might go that route. At this stage, I'm planning on pulling the entire interior and dynamatting(sp?) the whole thing. I'd assume I'd need a nice weekend for all of this though. Sadly, the pictures weren't the greatest, but I see what you mean about a little contrast. The biggest debate is how its all going to match up to my LT1 dash. The passenger side is a lighter charcoal color on top, but the rest is black so I'm not too worried.

Anyone else shed some light on the carpet choice?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe my car has the ebony interior aka"dark grey". It's not really really dark but it's not light grey either.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Stock Interiors will send you some free carpet samples so you can see the colors in person. Don't go off their color names. This is ebony, which is very close to the factory color in a 97 dark grey interior. And FWIW, I did not like the fitment of their carpet at all. I sold it and cleaned up my factory carpet instead.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I know about all of the extra trimming you have to do to make it fit -- its better safe than sorry. I just care if it fits correctly once all done.

I sent off for a couple samples. Thanks.

Quick Reply: StockInteriors Carpet