Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Who cares if the other people get blinded, as long as I can see! lol
The following users liked this post:
k3000 (06-08-2021)
Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by austin1224
Did some research and found Hella 60mm's for $80 a pair, grabbed an HID kit for $40 shipped with a relay harness, and decided against fabbing my own adapter plates and just bought Tram's plates from eBay for $60, all together cost me about $180 shipped to my door. $80 extra to do it right the first time, I call that a win, thanks lemons!
Not a problem my man!! I'm glad you opted for that route, you will thank yourself as well as other drivers thanking you!

And for anyone wondering, it wouldn't be hard to make your own adapter plates... Anyone with a little measuring and a few tools should be able to complete that for under 10$ and an hours worth of work, so you would have 120$ in the entire thing.

Originally Posted by tnmotown
Who cares if the other people get blinded, as long as I can see! lol
I did sense a small amount of sarcasm... But I hope you don't think that way in the least little bit.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I can see Lemon's logic perfectly, it makes sense, but to me, projector's are freakin ugly, I can't stand them. Even if they were cheaper, I'd probably opt for the halogen option. I'm a **** head, I know.
blsnelling (04-09-2020)
Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to make me do my high beams now!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Stupid question, but how do you pop off those 3 plastic pins on the bottom of the bumper?
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbomber5
Stupid question, but how do you pop off those 3 plastic pins on the bottom of the bumper?
You can use a pair of pliers or a screw driver to pull the middle push pin out from the bottom slightly then just grab it out. Personally myself I push down from the top with a screwdriver on them so I don't gnarl them up by using any tools on the push pins itself.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by eLiT3SnIpEz
I can see Lemon's logic perfectly, it makes sense, but to me, projector's are freakin ugly, I can't stand them. Even if they were cheaper, I'd probably opt for the halogen option. I'm a **** head, I know.
I agree with you. Projectors have like an alien look to them lol. The halogen are just a cleaner stock appearing look IMO.
blsnelling (04-09-2020)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I completely agree! They just dont look like they belong there... haha

Thanks for the write up! This is now on the list of things to do!
Old 02-05-2013, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I agree 100% with this post.... Or at least the last bit.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:17 AM
Teching In

Default For the lt1s

You mentioned just needing the low beams. For the 93-97 ta's is the correct housings from lmc the 36-0302?
Is that what you would recommend? Or what housing would you recommend if I got the bulbs that have both hi and low beam? Thanks for your help.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by austin1224
Did some research and found Hella 60mm's for $80 a pair, grabbed an HID kit for $40 shipped with a relay harness, and decided against fabbing my own adapter plates and just bought Tram's plates from eBay for $60, all together cost me about $180 shipped to my door. $80 extra to do it right the first time, I call that a win, thanks lemons!

Take some pics of your setup. I'd like to see the finished product.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Staging Lane

I don't mean to hijack this thread AT ALL! Just replying to Tram

I ended up not getting the adapter plates... my dad was going to buy them but had some stuff come up and didn't have the cash. I already had all the other parts, so I decided to fab something up for now until I buy the plates and do it right.

I used some ABS plastic plates cut to fit the metal trim ring of the stock halogens to hold the Hella projectors in place. I used a hole saw to cut a larger hole in the stock light bucket to fit the projector housing, and then sandwiched it all together with the metal trim ring. It holds everything tight, but it's not as solid as I'd like, so I'm definitely still going to be buying the plates. Mounting these things CAN be done for free, but it's not as nice as Tram's plates. Still works for now

Old 02-11-2013, 03:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Whole reason I didn't go projector is because I hate the way they look. Even with a glare my HID's are aimed so well it doesn't interfere any more than a normal headlight would.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:28 AM
Teching In

jbridwelltransam, Just wanted to say thanks for the indepth write up with all of the pictures, as I am planning on doing the same thing to my lights this weekend.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Hey can you post a picture of how these LMC housing light up the road with the HID's? Low and high?
Old 09-30-2013, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BlackBirdDaddy
You are going to make me do my high beams now!

Damn, this car must have some COOOOOOOLD A/C

Just did my car this weekend. Both of the 5 pin connectors were shot so I replaced them with Weatherpaks. Left the bulbs that came with the housings in there for now. I will change them out later when I have a few less other things to be doing. lol

I did purchase the woring harness though. I basically used it for the plus and the extra wire. I was able to cut the wires long, add the Weatherpak pins and plug them in.

Now I have to do my other Trans Am.......
Old 02-18-2014, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bumping this.
Trying to install the LMC low beams and 9006 halogens. The right angle of the bulb to the connector don't fit.
I cant get the bulb locked into the back of the head light housing and plugged in.
Anyone else run into this issue?
Old 02-19-2014, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Austin 1224, it looks like your lights could use some adjustment. They look aimed too high. Have you not been flashed by oncoming drivers?
Old 01-25-2016, 07:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I installed the LMC housings with a Morimoto 9006 kit. Originally after installing they were pointed pretty much straight in front of the car. Re-aimed and still need to tweak them since I'm getting flashed, but they definitely look cool.

One problem I did have was the wire that comes out of the driver's side HID capsule would touch the shroud and ground out. Ended up having to tweak it for it to sit right. Not sure if the culprit was bulb or housing, but will test with another set of bulbs to see.

Can someone please post some pictures of the output against a wall?? The beam pattern on them is extremely scattered and I'd like to see if possibly I just got a bad set of housings. At this point the Eurolamps and Bosch housings I had on my old Firehawk were way more focused than the LMCs. I'll snap a picture this evening of how mine look.
Old 01-25-2016, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by InfiniteReality
I installed the LMC housings with a Morimoto 9006 kit. Originally after installing they were pointed pretty much straight in front of the car. Re-aimed and still need to tweak them since I'm getting flashed, but they definitely look cool.

One problem I did have was the wire that comes out of the driver's side HID capsule would touch the shroud and ground out. Ended up having to tweak it for it to sit right. Not sure if the culprit was bulb or housing, but will test with another set of bulbs to see.

Can someone please post some pictures of the output against a wall?? The beam pattern on them is extremely scattered and I'd like to see if possibly I just got a bad set of housings. At this point the Eurolamps and Bosch housings I had on my old Firehawk were way more focused than the LMCs. I'll snap a picture this evening of how mine look.
Every one I've EVER seen have horrid pics against walls and glare like no other.
It is the incorrect way to do a mod.

Never understood the "I don't like the way projectors look". Literally the only time you see them is a NIGHT time with the head lights up and the head lights on. And its hard to tell what you're looking at then.

Quick Reply: The New HID/LMC Housing Write-up **Updated**