Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clear Corner Retrofit project

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 06:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Clear Corner Retrofit project

Figured I'd go ahead and start my next money pit project now that my C6 steering swap is done. Had an idea for awhile to take a set of Clear corner markers for a 93-97 Trans Am and do an LED DRL switchback style retro fit on them. I just ordered the DEPO clear corners. Plans kinda up in the air at this point but I wanted some opinions on the ideas I have so far.

What id like to do is once I seperate the housings, have a vacuum formed lens made thats straight clear rather than the reflector style they come with. Id then take the housings and either paint them black or have my local hydro graphic guy do a carbon film on them. As for the actual switchbacks i may attempt to give them a little bit of pattern in the housing (im thinking 4-5 rows of lights that would have a slight step in the middle to give them a little bit of character). Have it set up so when i flip the turn signal on they scan across.

Im also debating using the Matchbox projectors from the retrofit source and adding an additional driving light but I dont want it to look to busy. Still photoshopping and playing around with ideas but any input would be great. DRL switchback are a definite, just not sure how i want to set it all up quite yet or what the space will allow for.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's a GREAT idea man! Very creative and original! Especially the part where you said the turn will scan across! Lovin it, I will def. stay tuned for some pics and results! I'd be interested in trying this myself if you'll do a write up...

I've recently started to re-do all of my front lighting and was going to just stick with either clear corners or tinting them... but great idea!

Quick Reply: Clear Corner Retrofit project