Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Redline Leather Auto Shift boot HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Redline Leather Auto Shift boot HELP!

Hi Everyone,

I know some of you have installed the Redline Leather Auto Shift boot.

I really need some help, I've tried using super glue and gluing it to both the black piece that moves & I've tried doing it on the actual center console.

It just ends up tearing the glue

Any advice!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

(i've contacted them to see if they have any advice).
Old 04-01-2013, 11:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does it have a metal frame around the bottom? I don't have the redline one, but I've got an auto boot out of a 00-05 Impala. It has a metal band around the bottom in the shape of the shifter opening. So once I wedged it in between the console and the sliding cover that controls the gear indicator, it stays put.

I guess what I'm getting at is if it doesn't have a frame, maybe make one out of a coat hanger or something.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used super glue to hold mine to the console itself. It has come loose from the very back but isn't noticeable unless you know about it. I meant to go back and come up with a more permanent solution, just haven't yet. If you have the time, some 5 minute epoxy might hold better than the glue.

Old 04-02-2013, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Double-aught_Z/28
Does it have a metal frame around the bottom? I don't have the redline one, but I've got an auto boot out of a 00-05 Impala. It has a metal band around the bottom in the shape of the shifter opening. So once I wedged it in between the console and the sliding cover that controls the gear indicator, it stays put.

I guess what I'm getting at is if it doesn't have a frame, maybe make one out of a coat hanger or something.
Nah, only the Manuals on their site came with a frame, BUT that is an excellent idea! - Maybe I can fab something or cut it.

Its a bit of a tight squeeze in there however.

Originally Posted by Decadence75
I used super glue to hold mine to the console itself. It has come loose from the very back but isn't noticeable unless you know about it. I meant to go back and come up with a more permanent solution, just haven't yet. If you have the time, some 5 minute epoxy might hold better than the glue.
Yeah, I had hot glue on there for a little bit, however that only held up for like... 2 months. Maybe the epoxy is the way to go, I'm open to anything at this point!

Its just frustrating trying to get it to fit >.<

Quick Reply: Redline Leather Auto Shift boot HELP!