Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

4th Gen TA Running Lights/Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 4th Gen TA Running Lights/Turn Signals

So I've grown sick of my turn signals. They leak all the time and have finally rusted the sockets past the point of repair. I currently do not have front turn signals now. Yay... I'm looking to do something different. I'm debating an LED strip style light that shows white, but blinks amber. Does anyone here have something like this installed on their TA? If so, I'd love some photos/video.

Thanks!

Last edited by HibachiZ28; 07-03-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:03 PM
TECH Resident

i can tell you how to make them last longer, if you drill some small holes in the bottom of the housing it will not hold water and rust your sockets.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by old93camaro
i can tell you how to make them last longer, if you drill some small holes in the bottom of the housing it will not hold water and rust your sockets.
Yah, I did see that thread. Out of curiosity, has anyone checked to see where the water comes from? Is it getting into the housing from the gasket on the plug? Or is the housing itself leaking at the seams?
Old 07-04-2013, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HibachiZ28
Yah, I did see that thread. Out of curiosity, has anyone checked to see where the water comes from? Is it getting into the housing from the gasket on the plug? Or is the housing itself leaking at the seams?
On my housings, the lens had a crack right in the middle. It let water in every time i washed the car, and it just stayed there with no exit and ended up corroding my brand new sockets in a matter of months.

A good stock fix is buying new housings, drilling a few small holes in the bottom, and replacing the sockets for new ones and some LEDs so they dont heat up the housing as much as regular bulbs. If you want them to be amber and white, you will need switchback LEDs. You can find them in autolumination.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Qcon on here has done the strip LED setup. I tried to find more info on them but nothing worked anymore and he never responded to my PM for more info.

I REALLY want to do a small strip of LEDs like his to get rid of the ugly big housings.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen TA Running Lights/Turn Signals