Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My ceramic coated LS1 pics, harland sharpe rockers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 03:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My ceramic coated LS1 pics, harland sharpe rockers

I just uploaded some more pictures i had of my motor. Here it is with the harland sharpe roller rockers and ceramic coated fuel rail on

Old 05-01-2004, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I may be wrong but a ceramic coated engine parts arn't a good idea! I would think that it would trap heat in the motor! Is that a Iron block or a alumium? I powercoated my pan timing cover and valve covers! I ceramic coated my turbo manifolds but that was to keep heat in!

My ceramic ***-pipe (intake tubes to intake) that are ceramic coated run at 98* and stayed there for about 1-2minutes after the run then goes down to 62* that is at the IAT! I know that that is a turbo so it would be hotter but you get the Idea! Now if you where to only be drag racing and put Ice packs on it then OK but not worth it IMO!

Just my $.02
Old 05-01-2004, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ceramic coating on piston tops, valve faces and combustion chambers help increase and contain heat in the combustion chamber, more heat = more power. It's another way to maximize your engine's power output.

You WANT to trap as much heat in the chamber during the transition from compression to combustion stroke, the more heat trapped the more energy available to drive the piston down = more power.
Old 05-01-2004, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CANNIBAL
Ceramic coating on piston tops, valve faces and combustion chambers help increase and contain heat in the combustion chamber, more heat = more power. It's another way to maximize your engine's power output.

You WANT to trap as much heat in the chamber during the transition from compression to combustion stroke, the more heat trapped the more energy available to drive the piston down = more power.
True but the Aluminum oil pan. Aluminum is used on motors b/c it is lighter and has less heat soak! I just think the motor will hold to much heat in! We aren't trying to keep the oil and block hot!