Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crack in fibergalss on corner of Camaro trunk lid

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 07:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Crack in fibergalss on corner of Camaro trunk lid... covered by warranty???

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem... apears to be a defect...

I have a small 1 inch crack in the driver side (left) corner of the rear deck lid on my 2002 Camaro SS. (I mean the edge of the trunk right above the tail light.) It goes all the way through the fiberglass shell.

The car has never been hit or parked outside and has only 3,000 miles on it. Everywhere else looks brand new. This crack has just gradually formed, I assume from the stress of closing the deck lid. The thing has probably only been opened and closed a few dozen times, though!!!

Anyone else had this problem? Can the fiberglass be repaired or do I need a whole new decklid? The car is still covered under the initial 3-year bumper-to-bumper GM warranty... should this be covered? THANKS!

Last edited by Shatty; 05-25-2004 at 01:57 AM.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would definitely take it to the dealer to have em check it out
if they dont fix it, take it to another. That shouldnt happen
Old 05-25-2004, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Thanks, onyxxtreme... you were right. I took it to the dealer today and they said that it was probably bumped during assembly or painting at the factory and had a hairline crack that has now gotten worse. So they said it is definetly a defect and that it will be fixed free of charge under the 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Quick Reply: Crack in fibergalss on corner of Camaro trunk lid