Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx
View Poll Results: Which bumper would you buy?
Heritage Bumper Clone
61.90%
Firebird/Formula Bumper with Heritage Kidney Grilles
14.29%
Trans Am Bumper with Heritage Kidney Grilles
23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Considering making a new Firebird bumper... Which one do you like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 09:12 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
What kind pricing will we be looking at? If there is an introductory price I would be down depending on what style gets chosen.
Same pricing as in my first post. The more orders the less it costs us per piece and the less it costs you...
Old 07-06-2015, 09:14 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 777Shock777
I am really hoping for one of these more modernized ones! It would also be really cool if you could do the grill the same as the honeycomb style vents on the ram air hood.

You can count me down as 1 of 10.
The Honey Comb grill is DEFINITELY happening, whatever bumper gets chosen. It will be waterjet cut and powdercoated.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1bdbrd
Can you add the stock style air inlets to the top of the bumper between the headlights? And make the light strip conform to the outside edge of the opening it is in?

This is exactly what I want!
Here you go... Let me know if this is what you meant with the light strip.

1C
Name:  Bumper%201C.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  72.7 KB

Now, personally, I preferred the smoothed over nostrils as I feel it helped keep the design from getting "too busy" and it stands out more from a stock bumper.

That said, I'll work with whatever people prefer. I'd just love to see a new bumper come out of this thread lol.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BeastBuster

1C

Now, personally, I preferred the smoothed over nostrils as I feel it helped keep the design from getting "too busy" and it stands out more from a stock bumper.

That said, I'll work with whatever people prefer. I'd just love to see a new bumper come out of this thread lol.
^^I agree on all counts lol.

So... clearly you do CAD work correct? Interested in doing some work for us? If so drop me an e-mail mark@6LEDesigns.com

A lot of our manufacturers are just getting into having equipment that we could do some cool stuff with... IF we send them a CAD file lol.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
^^I agree on all counts lol.

So... clearly you do CAD work correct? Interested in doing some work for us? If so drop me an e-mail mark@6LEDesigns.com

A lot of our manufacturers are just getting into having equipment that we could do some cool stuff with... IF we send them a CAD file lol.
Hell, if you could send a CAD rendering of the bumper we can 3D print it, glass the part to make a mold and pop out parts, and of course you'd get a COMPLETELY free one
Old 07-06-2015, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Same pricing as in my first post. The more orders the less it costs us per piece and the less it costs you...
Oops completely missed that lol.

I hope something cool comes of this!

1C

I think you are right about the nostrils. And yeah thats exactly what I was thinking of with the lights. Thanks!
Old 07-06-2015, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't have a bird but I like where this thread is going, can't wait to see what becomes of this
Old 07-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Hell, if you could send a CAD rendering of the bumper we can 3D print it, glass the part to make a mold and pop out parts, and of course you'd get a COMPLETELY free one
I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can, however, I am not familiar with CAD. The 3d software I use is more for art and doesn't really allow me to make or take proper measurements.

I can drop you an email if you'd like to continue this conversation. I doubt my model would be 'print ready' but maybe it could still be useful.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:40 PM
Banned

I'd be happy to help in whatever way I can, however, I am not familiar with CAD. The 3d software I use is more for art and doesn't really allow me to make or take proper measurements.

I can drop you an email if you'd like to continue this conversation. I doubt my model would be 'print ready' but maybe it could still be useful.
Lol, gotcha. Yeah, need a CAD guy. McNord is in the same boat as you. Thanks though!
Old 07-07-2015, 01:05 AM
Staging Lane

my friends dad who I have known my entire life is an architect for the past 30 years and is really good in using cad/google sketchup and alot of other programs, I showed him the sketch and he says that he can make a 3d model of it and as for dimensions I told him he can use my car. He will do it for me if if I can get one for free =D (don't mean to steal your amazing work beast buster) haha, let me know!!
Old 07-07-2015, 01:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not a body kit guy. But I would pay for #1
Old 07-07-2015, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe it's just me but the bumpers that don't have the slots for the nostrils looks like crap and in return make the hood look like it doesn't belong on the car, the way these cars are designed they need to keep the slots at all cost.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Rendering is not one of my strong suits, but I wanted to throw some color on the model to give people a better picture of what the final product could look like.

I photoshopped some honeycomb mesh for the grille as well.

Name:  Bumper%201%20Color.jpg
Views: 391
Size:  282.6 KB
Old 07-07-2015, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

^Now that looks pretty cool. Color really helps, nice job!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:13 AM
Teching In

Rendering is not one of my strong suits, but I wanted to throw some color on the model to give people a better picture of what the final product could look like.

Great work! Could you design one for the 93-97 T/A?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:35 AM
Banned

That actually looks pretty sick! I agree though that it needs the nostrils now that I see it in color. I personally would also add a center bar, in black not body color, like the ZL1 (you're going to need it so the bumper doesn't sag as well)...

Old 07-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Teching In

That actually looks pretty sick! I agree though that it needs the nostrils now that I see it in color. I personally would also add a center bar, in black not body color, like the ZL1 (you're going to need it so the bumper doesn't sag as well)...
Alright so I actually modeled in a proper grille and side scoop inserts. I also added the center bar. It's a little hard to see (but I guess that is the point lol).

I went ahead and rendered both with nostrils and without. I didn't really like the smoothed bumper I posted earlier, but that was the only picture I've done so far that I didn't like it. So I just wanted to make sure it wasn't because of the field of view or the angle.

1A

Name:  Bumper%201A%20Color%202.jpg
Views: 405
Size:  253.6 KB
Name:  Bumper%201A%20Color.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  246.5 KB

1B

Name:  Bumper%201B%20Color.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  259.7 KB
Name:  Bumper%201B%20Color2.jpg
Views: 361
Size:  261.8 KB

Originally Posted by Knightrider5000
Great work! Could you design one for the 93-97 T/A?
I'll have to do some searching around and see if I can get my hands on a 93-97 Firebird model to work from. If I do, I'd be willing to give it a shot, with some direction from the 93-97 crowd, of course.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

What program are you using to make these models? They are really good, I would love to know how to do that so I can model some stuff for myself lol
Old 07-08-2015, 05:41 PM
Teching In

^I can't take credit for modeling the Firebird itself. I found it online and use it as a base to work from. But I use Zbrush, it's a digital sculpting software. Completely different from standard methods of modeling, though I find it easier, personally.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

1 a is better. Has to have the nostrils. But it still isn't something that I need to have or would even want.

Quick Reply: Considering making a new Firebird bumper... Which one do you like?