Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP! need clear coat repair!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HELP! need clear coat repair!

The other day I was at one of those manual car washes, with the high-pressure wand, and I guess I got a little too close and it knocked off a piece of clear coat about the size of a quarter on the nose, just below the grille insert .

The paint underneath doesn't seem to be damaged, but the clear has a little bit of peeling action around the edge of the damage. I've heard of guys who go around to dealers, touching up used cars with airbrushes, etc. I'm hoping to get away with having some clear airbrushed on there vs. repainting the nose.

Can anyone recommend a good shop/service in the Chicagoland area that could pull this off, and does good work? Or, has anyone fixed this themselves with good results? What did you use, etc.?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That will be nice if you can find someone to do that but if I had to guess I would say that about the only way to do it and do it right is to have the thing painted.
Old 06-09-2004, 07:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I might have to. I'm a pretty picky bastard, and I can't say I know a shop I trust to do a good job. If I had the whole nose repainted and it didn't turn out perfect, I'd be more pissed than I am now.

Anyone have a good experience with a body shop in Chicagoland(preferably SW suburbs)? I plan on calling/stopping by shops when I'm on vacation in a couple weeks.

I'll definitely post if I find a good shop/solution. Until then, beware the car wash wand!

Quick Reply: HELP! need clear coat repair!