Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Colored Trim?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Colored Trim?

I am at my local Post Office Annex today and see a TA I've never seen in town before. I go check it out and when I look inside I notice he has what I want...trim that matches his car. He had replaced several pieces such as the plastic piece around the door handles, the piece around his gauge cluster, and around his stereo with yellow instead of the typical gray. I am wondering where he got this. Any clues? A guy on Ebay was selling vinyl overlays to go over the climate control and the lights behind the *****, but he wanted almost $50 for the two pieces! MAybe you guys can help me out!
Old 06-24-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

They wouldn't have been painted would they? A lot of people do paint certain plastic peices inside their cars, but reactions are mixed on the outcomes. If it is the paint you want, any local hardware store will care plastic spray enamel; I'd just purchase that, pop out the selected plastic pieces and begin.
Ed

EDIT: The more I read your post, the more I think I didn't answer your question...
Did it have overlays that let light shine through them so you could see what each *** did? Please explain, I'm not smart.
Ed
Old 06-24-2004, 06:50 PM
Launching!

It does sound like it was painted, not replaced. When I had my 2000 Navy Blue Metallic V6 Camaro I took out the various interior pieces, cleaned them and just used spraypaint, think the color was a Flat Cobalt Blue Metallic (no gloss). Don't have any pics, but it looked really good, lots of compliments. I have seen alot of people screw it up though, I would recommend using non gloss paint. Oh, I did mine before all the Fast N Furious craze, you guys know what I am talking about. lol
Old 06-25-2004, 07:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hepcatws6
...when I look inside I notice he has what I want...trim that matches his car. He had replaced several pieces such as the plastic piece around the door handles, the piece around his gauge cluster, and around his stereo with yellow instead of the typical gray.
So...I guess using standard deduction of ricer mentality... All those pieces added up in YELLOW will yield a 15 rear wheel horsepower increase. After all the more yellow used on a car makes it faster. But you got to make sure that you use the brightest yellow possible. All your Fast and Furious buddies will be so awestruck with your automotive expertise that you can start your own club, shave your head bald, (like your hero Vin), and start boosting semi-trucks on the highway.

Peace! YO!
Old 06-25-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PSU_Engineer
So...I guess using standard deduction of ricer mentality... All those pieces added up in YELLOW will yield a 15 rear wheel horsepower increase. After all the more yellow used on a car makes it faster. But you got to make sure that you use the brightest yellow possible. All your Fast and Furious buddies will be so awestruck with your automotive expertise that you can start your own club, shave your head bald, (like your hero Vin), and start boosting semi-trucks on the highway.

Peace! YO!
Man, that was totally un-called-for....

Taco
Old 06-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Is this what you are talking about as in Yellow Interior Pieces, these were just made, you can not buy these, just one offs.

I don't consider this rice, it really compliments this car, maybe a little too much stereo.

Quick Reply: Colored Trim?