Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Appearance Mod Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2004, 12:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Appearance Mod Ideas

My first idea is to get my windows tinted. I'd like to see some pictures of black camaros with tinted windows and if you could let me know what level of tint it is too.

Second I'm thinking of painting my calipers. Couple questions. Is there a real visual difference between powdercoating them or just painting them with engine paint?
Afterthoughtauto.com sells a kit to paint the calipers, is that worthwhile or should I just get paint from Autozone or something?Afterthoughts includes scrub brushes and cleaner also. If I do just go get the stuff myself what exactly do I need?
Do most people just paint the front of their caliper? On the tutorial I read for it on ls1howto, they just painted the calipers while on the car still. I don't know how comfortable I am with this because of paint possibly getting on the car itself. How hard is it to just take the calipers off and then paint them. If I did that should I paint the entire caliper or still just the part you see?
I know of several places to get "Camaro" decals for the calipers, but SS LS1 on here has "Camaro SS" decals for his brakes. Anyone know where to get those instead?
And last if people could put up pics of their black camaros/trans ams with the calipers painted I'd appreciate it.