Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Black how to get rid of swirals

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black how to get rid of swirals

ok first of all i got a black ss and i used wax and i just keep geting swirals what will completly take it a way there a many light scratches what will fix it all
Old 08-11-2004, 11:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you can fix the swirAls(aka swirls) by purchasing an orbital buffer from walmart (approximate cost of 25 dollars) and some meguiars scratch-x wax. take plenty of time applying the wax without pushing down on the buffer, let it work by itself. then remove the wax with a fluffy bonnet via the buffer you purchased. this should remove most of the spider web looking swirls that you see on your black car.

however you may Kneed(aka need) to get a high speed buffer (alot more expensive) and some 3m compound to remove anything that the orbital buffer and meguiars scratch-x cannot remove. good luck!
Old 08-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Chop-Foo Director

Many companies offer a plethora of polishes and scratch removers. Meguiars has quite a few different product you may want to try, depending on the severity of the swirls. You may was to try some #9 swirl remover applied with a dual action polisher, such as the Porter Cable 7424. You could also try some #82 Swirl Free Polish. These are in the Meguiars Professional line, so finding them at a local store may be difficult. The ScratchX is a good product, but I would suggest trying it by hand first. Take your time and really work the product on the surface. It has diminishing abrasives in it, which break down and get smaller the more you work the product, leaving a nicely prepared surface for you choice of a protectant (wax).

Check out some sites such as autopia.org, meguiarsonline.com, or various other detailing forums. You will learn a bunch and your car will really like you
Old 08-12-2004, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

1st. what are you using for both wax/polish and applicator?
with black, 100% white cotton or micro fiber towels are manditory additions to
your cleaning stash.(and i might add the only things that don't leave swirl marks)
foam applicator pads are nice for applying wax, ect.(good stuff doesn't swirl either)
2nd. anybody that has used a wheel will never go back to doing it by hand...
with that said, how do you want to apply your product? hand/power?
either way you will need
swirl remover, polish, glaze, wax (and in extreme cases, cutting agent)
Old 08-12-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

3m rubbing compound