Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Clay Bar q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clay Bar q's

I'm contemplating whether or not I should clay bar my car and have a few questions for you guyrs regarding this. First, if I clay bar my car and spend a good amt. of time doing it, will I notice a difference in the way my car looks (i.e. will the paint look a lot better)? Also, does the clay bar require a lot of effort? Lastly, what is a good brand of clay bar to use that I can pick up at most auto stores?
Old 08-15-2004, 03:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your car's paint will certainly feel alot smoother and since you have a white car you will notice that the clay will remove many of the darker surface contaminants. The process is fairly easy and if you want to do it alot faster than having to spray and rub the clay over the paint, I've found that washing the car with car wash soap is just as effective as the spray and provides adequate lubricity for the clay to do its job. It took me about 20 minutes to do this a few weeks ago. Advance Auto sells the Mother's Clay bar kit and depending on where you live and store managers; I've seen other brands at AutoZone, PepBoys, and O'Reillys. I've tried the Mother's and Meguiar's and they both work as well.
Old 08-15-2004, 04:43 AM
Launching!

After claybaring your car the paint will feel as smooth as glass. Definately a worthwhile process! I used the Zaino claybar and was impressed by the results. Makes a real difference I think when applying a high quality polish.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

Clay Magic kits are very nice and can be found at most Auto Zones.

Quick Reply: Clay Bar q's