Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP! SLP trying to screw me

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP! SLP trying to screw me

I bought my 02 Camaro SS in August of 02 and now have 15000 miles on it. All of the paperwork proclaimed that SLP factory mods (Wheels, hood, etc...) were covered by an equivalent 3/36000 warranty. I recently developed significant paint peeling on my ss grille and took it to the dealer for warranty replacement. He called me yesterday and said he spoke with a gentleman at SLP (whom I later spoke with as well) and stated the grille supposedly only has a 90 day warranty on it. I have a copy of the original SLP order sheet for my vehicle that was filled out by the dealer from whom I purchased the car. It lists all the possible factory additional equipment and on the top it states "SLP provides a 3-Year/36,000 mile limited warranty on optional Camaro SS content". Now the gentleman at SLP was very nice and quite intrigued about the order slip, so I faxed him a copy yesterday and he said he would get back to me today (which he hasn't). I am not optimistic that he is going to call and say they will honor it. I just don't know what to do next. I can find no documentation anywhere in my paperwork (and I have EVERYTHING) that states the grille is only covered for 90 days. Has anyone out there had any experience with this? Or does anyone have any paperwork documenting this purported 90 day restriction with regards to their car? Any insight or thoughts would be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:17 PM
TECH Resident

SLP = *** clowns. My chrome wheels have been pitting and rusting (not bad at all, but enough for me to notice) for the past two years. I HAVE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING IN MY POWER to get SLP to warranty them. Guess what, I still got 'em. Just be glad you're not getting screwed on a $1000 option like me.

I eventually said **** it. I just got my polished 18 inch Z06 rims in today. I say you should fight it for a month or two. If they don't give in, screw it, get the wings west grille and paint it body color. That's what I would do. Not worth the headache of dealing with such *** holes (even my dealer gave me the run-a-round).

SLP WILL NEVER GET MY BUSINESS AGAIN! If/when the next Camaro comes out, I'd rather buy a z28 than an SS if SLP is still modifying them. Hell, I'd rather buy a V6 then give SLP my business again...*sigh* I shoulda bought a WS6
Old 08-20-2004, 04:25 PM
TECH Regular

I don't know. I love my SLP Firehawk. But then again I've yet to need any warranty work. So I've not had to deal with that aspect of it.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sue em, you have a binding contract, if SLP wont cover it then the dealership is obligated to pay for it. Take it to the dealership you bought it from and let them deal with it, they can fight with SLP after they pay for your parts.
Old 08-20-2004, 05:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Your surprised that SLP is giving you grief? They have no use in keeping SS owners happy since we provide no revenue stream for them anymore..

SLP Performance Parts though is fine.. remember that they are seperate from SLP Eng. (the "try and weasle out of warranties" kings)..

Quick Reply: HELP! SLP trying to screw me