Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best protection against storm damage to car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 11:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Best protection against storm damage to car?

We've got another dang hurricane headed our way. The last one hit two weeks ago and the only thing that happened to the car was getting a bunch of sappy leaves on the paint. Having a hard time getting them off.

At any rate, it looks like the next one will be a bit more intense. Since it's florida we don't have anything like underground parking, etc. I don't know anyone with extra space in their garage for another vehicle.

Any unique suggestions for covering the car with something to prevent minor damage? I don't have a car cover, but I figure that may rip off anyway even if there are cables attached. Thought about a tarp, but that seems just as flimsy. Too many dang trees in our complex, and they haven't gotten the debris removed from two weeks ago, which turns it into projectiles the end of this week

I guess I could just drive North and presumably out of the path of the storm, but I'm on the disaster recovery team at work, so I can't really go anywhere
Old 09-01-2004, 12:07 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jim, just park it in a multi level garage. Park on on the upper floors but not on the roof, and try to park next to a wall if you can.

Good luck.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Having lived in Florida for most of my life I can tell you that any cinder block garage will work fine. Try cruising some of the more inland storage facilities and get something more in the middle if available. Try to stay away from the metal shed ones. Good luck and I am praying that thing turns North for everyone.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, my 99 Vert was in my Garage with a Wolf cover on it for Charlie. The roof blew off the garage, and a block wall fell on the car, the cover was blown off and it had 8+ inches of rain inside it.

The car had a small amount of damage all over it, but the water inside caused them to total the car. What was once a mint SS Vert clone was gone. And my 77 TA was in the back yard and my large Oak tree fell on it, it's gone as well.

On the brighter side I did pick up a very nice TA to replace it, but the next hurricane is coming.

I'm In Port Charlotte...

Quick Reply: Best protection against storm damage to car?