Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

dupli color in black?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2004, 06:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dupli color in black?

hey, i have a 99' ws6 in black. i went to a few different auto stores today looking for the dupli color in black for my car, i got some different answers. i dont know which one i should buy. does anyone know which is the exact color code i need? i would be looking for the touch up bottle. i went to the dupli color website and found some different matches for black and im not sure which is the perfect match. if anyone is sure about which one would match my car i would greatly appreciate that. thanks!

http://duplicolor.anthonythomas.com/...atch_maker.cgi
Old 09-06-2004, 03:03 PM
Teching In

I would just go with a universal Black, or if your not comfortable doing that I would go to your local GM dealership and see if the parts department would have a tube you can buy. I could tell you where to look but I dont want to confuse you by having you look all over your car.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Do not use the universal black, it will not match GM black. The paint code is located on the option sticker on the inside driver door panel. I believe it's 3rd from last, but call the dealership or a paint shop to confirm.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

my approach at this was to touch it up with color, then clear coat, then to use the mothers touch up paint repair kit to even out the blobs. after some research i came to the conclusion that the universal black was the right color. i couldnt imagine the saphire black being the right one. so i used the universal black, and then i put the clear coat on. tommorow i will use the mothers to level out the blob. as of now, the color seems to match perfectly (knock on wood) ill be able to see if it comes out perfect after i use the mothers (hopeing it will work as well as its made out to be). so ill post after i use the mothers, but anymore feedback would be appreciated. thanks!
Old 09-07-2004, 03:58 PM
Teching In

Go to www.paintscratch.com

Quick Reply: dupli color in black?