Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Rattling noise problem.

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattling noise problem.

Got another question, not sure what forum to post this in so I thought I'd shoot for this one. I've got a 1999 Z28 A4 and I'm having a little problem with a rattling noise that sounds like it's in the A-pillar. It seems to happen at low speeds just around town, when I get on the highway it doesn't seem to happen. I've noticed it on the passanger side as well. Has anyone experienced this sort of thing?

I don't know how to get into the A-Pillar to look and see if there is something loose which I really don't know what would be loose inside there..

-Jason
Old 11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had a rattle in my 98 Z that sounded like it was coming from the front of the dash on the far left side (front of the A-pillar) that was actually coming from a loose band clamp on the exhaust (still don't know how the sound got up there?!?!)

I had another in my WS-6 from the 4 bolts in the back that hold in the T-Top cradles in the hatch. That sounded like it was coming from the back, but it took me weeks to track it down.

Best of luck, I'd look at bolts and nuts and make sure everything is snug.

Taco
Old 11-22-2004, 03:52 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Taco
I had a rattle in my 98 Z that sounded like it was coming from the front of the dash on the far left side (front of the A-pillar) that was actually coming from a loose band clamp on the exhaust (still don't know how the sound got up there?!?!)

I had another in my WS-6 from the 4 bolts in the back that hold in the T-Top cradles in the hatch. That sounded like it was coming from the back, but it took me weeks to track it down.

Best of luck, I'd look at bolts and nuts and make sure everything is snug.

Taco
You know that sounds very similar. Was your rattle in the Z, was it a sort of somewhat loud, heavy sound. Hard to describe..

That is odd that a loose clamp on the exhaust would create a sound in your A-pillar tho.. I'll have to look into that.

Thanks..

-Jason