Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

painting lots of things lol, need advice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default painting lots of things lol, need advice!

about to paint a lot of stuff.. need advice on my plans below. thanks

wheels.. going to paint the stock wheels gloss black to match black hard top with red car... ws just going to sand them lightly.. use a touch of primer.. pepper each coat of gloss black evenly until covered without runs ect, then 1-2 coats of clear for protection? this sound like it'd work???

intake manifold.. figured id do it something like the wheels but with engine enamel.. how hard is it to pull off the manifold when i paint it? kinda need a step by step if its difficult

brake calipers.. just need some info on how to, or what not to do.. want to go red to match red body of car..

plan on doing hte majority of this in the morning and day tommorow.. so some quick feedback would be very helpful.. i got 2 salad shooter rims i use for slicks im going to pratice on, wish me luck..

btw car is 02 z28 with stock rims ls6 manifold, and stock breaks ect.. red body, black hardtop if that helps ya'll give me advice
Old 11-29-2004, 03:40 AM
On The Tree

nobody can help me with any of that???
Old 11-30-2004, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

I can help you out with the caliper part. I changed out my roters, pads and painted the calipers som to match my car. I bought cans of the touch spray (4) from the dealer. I also bought high temp gloss 500 degrees 2 cans is enough. I would look at installuniversity.com to get an idea of whats involved. Start to finish took me about 5 hours, mostly waiting for paint to dry, while taking off the next caliper I was going to paint. Btw the som painted calipers came out nice. I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

I would have the wheels powdercoated,they will last alot longer,w/less chance of chipping.The clear will more than likely start chipping as soon as you start to mount the tires.Just my .02