Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Where can I find purple HID's like the BMW's have?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Question Where can I find purple HID's like the BMW's have?

I was searching and found out about a site called misterjung.com and they say the 7000k are the most purplish color? And I have also heard that 7000k is more blue? I am looking for a purple white anyone know where I can get them?

thanks
Old 12-04-2004, 08:16 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you need to do a search on this, there was a long write up i did a while ago about this. the purple color you see on bmws audis s2000s and some others are a flicker from the projector based setups they come with.the only true quality way you could achieve this is to do a custom projector conversion that will run upwards of 800$ before the cost of the 400$ hid system.there is no reputable hid systems on the market over 6000k. its one of the biggest marketing ploys around today thanks to the import scene mostly. mister jung and countless others are prime examples of this sceme. STAY AWAY FROM THERE PRODUCTS! ALL oem cars in the states at least have 4100k hids. even the bmws and stuff. its all in the projector! if you look directly into the light or on the ground in frount of them its nice useable white -blue light. all that 7000k -8000k **** is garbage! most of them even use light dimming filters to make it more blue-purple.most of them are very low quality re-based bulbs to. the funny thing is they cost the same if not more. do your self a favor and go with 4100k you will not be disappointed. if you want a little more blue you can go with a 5200 or 5700k marketed as 6000k by phillips. lumens is the measure of useable light and once you pass 4100k it starts to decrease dramaticlly. slyivania and phillips are the ONLY makers of oem hids. you can get them at xenon depot.com . i have a lot of experience researching and working with hids and leds. i would hate to see a fellow ls1er buy some cheap glaring kit. leave it to the uninformed ricers to buy this stuff. if you would like to know anything else just ask.

Last edited by willis 00; 12-04-2004 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks a lot!!!

Yeah I noticed Tbyrne also sells phillips, I'll check out that xenon depot.com

I will go with Phillips
XT-65k-9006 9006 6500k Xtreme HID Conversion Kit (low beam) $399.99

"The Xtreme HID 6500k HID Conversion Kit is geared for an intense purple output and the 8000k HID Conversion Kit is geared for an intense blue/purple output. These products include a complete wiring harness that will literally plug directly into your OEM headlight harness via proper mating connectors. The harness provided will include upgraded fuses and relays to ensure you do not draw a higher current from your stock wiring harness than it was designed to provide."

I am pretty sure this is what I am looking for
Old 12-04-2004, 10:56 PM
12 Second Club

yo wicked sweet ride and yeah the Philips HID's are nice buddy of mine got some...

btw i was checking out your site....what shifter and stick are you running? B&M w/ a short stick?
Old 12-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Launching!

t byrne sells good stuff but marks it way up. you should be able to get a complete 9006 set for 400-500$. i have a phillips 6000k in my ss (pics in sig) love them! 9006 are some of the best for retrofits. all plug and play. theres even a nice flat spot right where the frame meets the bumper surrport to mount your ballest. hids are the ****!after having them youll never want to drive at night without them.
02ws6 bird- if you are referring to my shifter its just a shift **** from rksport.

Last edited by willis 00; 12-04-2004 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
yo wicked sweet ride and yeah the Philips HID's are nice buddy of mine got some...

btw i was checking out your site....what shifter and stick are you running? B&M w/ a short stick?
thanks!
About the shifter I am not sure if your asking me or Willis?
I am running the Lou Short stick with the Pro 50. I keep my old hurst shifter **** and painted the H a brushed aluminum color to match my interior trim.

Willis
Nice looking car! So are you saying $5-600 for high and low beams? Or just the 9006 low's? Cause Tbyrne is selling the 9006 kit lows for $400. I think thats a little high but not too bad I guess since its Phillips.
Old 12-05-2004, 12:35 AM
Launching!

thanks man,i love the color of your ss! just the low beams are about 400$, the highs would be about the same. if t byrne has them for 400 now than thats great. back when he first carried them he charged about 800$. i havent been on his site in a long time. post pics when you get them!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks
Tbyrne usually has pretty high prices...but after reading this link I am kinda confused????
https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/241314-we-now-carrying-hid-lighting-kits.html
The kit I was looking at earlier I guess uses Clear HID/Xenon Bulbs? Which kit should I get the "XD-6k-9006 9006 6000k HID Conversion Kit (low beam) $549.99"
man thats pretty expensive. I'll just get them from Zenondepot.com
Old 12-05-2004, 01:09 AM

i got myne from some guy in CA for $200.. They're the 6000k made by matrix (which have been discontinued for some reason?? dont care i like em!!) check on ebay, i was talking to these 2 kids who owned supras who both have HID's with the Phillips ballasts and they say that sometimes they wont come one and he'll have to sit there and turn them on and off until both come one, and he will be driving down the road and that one will just shut off so hell have to turn them on and off again until they come back on. Im not saying that phillips are bad but just somehting to think about... I havent had any problem with myne what so ever and i've had them for almost a year now...
Old 12-05-2004, 12:09 PM
Launching!

a lot of the cheap kits will use brand name ballest ,but crappy bulbs. that might be the problem he has. as far as phillips they are the best out there hands down. like i said all oem cars use them. if they failed that much then it would be costing a lot of automakers a lot of money.
wicked, yeah tbyrne is $$$$! i think his customer service sucks to. xenon depot has good parts at good prices. ive done a lot of dealing with them.
Old 12-05-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

tell me about it

I had spent $500 with tbyrne and a month later I call to see why I havent got my parts and they said they will order it in 2 weeks so I would of had to wait another month
so I said %$^& these guys they dont care about the customer. EAD came through for me in the end

I am going to order the 6000k kit from xenon depot on monday. Thanks for the info Willis. I will post some pictures of a few changes I made on the 01 SS once I get this damn motor in
Old 12-05-2004, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by WICKED SS
tell me about it

I had spent $500 with tbyrne and a month later I call to see why I havent got my parts and they said they will order it in 2 weeks so I would of had to wait another month
so I said %$^& these guys they dont care about the customer. EAD came through for me in the end

I am going to order the 6000k kit from xenon depot on monday. Thanks for the info Willis. I will post some pictures of a few changes I made on the 01 SS once I get this damn motor in

i was talkin to you lol sorry for the confusion WICKED
thanks for the reply...im trying to debate...Pro 5.0 or Ripper lol and what shortstick if one at all
Old 12-05-2004, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
i was talkin to you lol sorry for the confusion WICKED
thanks for the reply...im trying to debate...Pro 5.0 or Ripper lol and what shortstick if one at all
I thought so but wanted to make sure. I would go with the pro 5.0 and try it out. Then if you feel like adding the short stick later go for it. With this combo it shifts very fast and smooth. Also no more missing 3rd so easy.

my friend had a ripper and maybe he was just a crazy driver but somehow he shifted so hard he broke his torque arm and something happen to his tranny
maybe also cause the ripper didnt have those block offs like the pro 5.0 so you dont have the same problem?
Old 12-18-2004, 04:37 PM
TECH Resident

9006 6000k XenonDepot HID Conversion Kit
(XD-6k-9006)

Looking at getting that from xenondepot.com, is all i have to do is order this kit and itll give me HID low and high beams?
Old 12-18-2004, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

Compare xenondepot.com description for the 9006 6K kit to tbyrne.com, and they are exactly the same. Sounds like tbyrne may just be drop shipping these HID kits directly from xenondepot.com and making a small profit on it (nothing wrong with that).
Old 12-20-2004, 03:18 PM
TECH Resident

thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 06:04 PM
TECH Junkie

what do they have for firebirds? my lights suck.

Quick Reply: Where can I find purple HID's like the BMW's have?