Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pin on Ram Air hood ? how does that work

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 04:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pin on Ram Air hood ? how does that work

hey guys, well i was looking on WS6store.com and well i came across a ram air hood for like 283.00 bucks + shipping and its says pin on whats the diffrence here how would that install work really wondering cause i been wanting to get one bad and im on a budget and if this is a good deal ill go for it . thanx
Old 01-05-2005, 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well, insted of it holding on like ur hood, every time u wanna take it off ull need 2 people most likely, and it will be held by 2 pins, not the hinges...and when u wanna pop ur hood, its more like taking the whole thing off, not just opening it
Old 01-05-2005, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

so im better off with the bolt on then huh ? what do u all suggest
Old 01-05-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Alot of track only cars use them to get rid of weight like hinges, hood struts, Primary latch, secondary latch, cables..ect. Would be a serious problem to get off yourself at the gas station to check your oil and nowhere to put it. BUT if you get a bolt on hood you can always take the front latches off and use pins just in the front, I personaly think it looks great as long as you got a little performance to go with it you might not even get flamed, if your scared of getting your battery ripped off you can also get locking hood pins in the front. I have a set of pins and am doing this mod in the spring to get rid of the latch and make some more room for my intercooler. Only thing is you have to drill holes in your hood so no going back.