Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Where to get digital license plate cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Where to get digital license plate cover

Has anyone seen these? Its a tag cover that goes over your tag, & on the bottom it has a screen the length of the tag. You can program them to read what you type. When you hit the brakes the screen turns solid red light a brake light. You release the brakes and it goes back to the display screen. I saw one a car the othe night it looked really good. Does anybody know what Im talking about? If so where could I find one of those?
Old 01-10-2005, 01:50 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I've never seene on of those. Thats interesting. I remember reading about a license plate cover that was an LCD screen the size of the license plate. With the flip of a switch it would go from clear to solid grey. I doubt its legal, buts its interesting.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:16 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by VIP1
I've never seene on of those. Thats interesting. I remember reading about a license plate cover that was an LCD screen the size of the license plate. With the flip of a switch it would go from clear to solid grey. I doubt its legal, buts its interesting.
Yeah, Ive read about those also. But this one is just a chrome piece of trim that goes around the tag and on the bottom it had a display about 1in tall/9in long. the one I saw kept displaying some website about some band. It said " Visit www.something.com for more info on tour dates & etc." That would keep scrolling across the screen until they hit the brakes, then it would go solid red until the brakes were released. I tried a google search but im not sure what they are called. I was hoping someone on here would know. Ill keep searching.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

Nevermind I found them. Heres the link if anyone is interested.http://streettags.com/catalog/produc...77d88cf45bbaae
Old 01-10-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty cool. I'm sure the cops will get a kick out of that if they see it on a car.