Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

best place to order an OEM SS hood from?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question best place to order an OEM SS hood from?

hey guys, to make a long story short, i recently got screwed on an SS hood from ASCD that didnt fit and they wouldnt take it back, so im never buying a crappy aftermarket hood again.

OEM all the way. wheres the best place to order from, though? i see different prices (varying WILDLY) all over the place from what is SUPPOSEDLY the same hood...

fbody motorsports...

http://www.fbodymotorsports.com/inc/...l?v=1&pid=1667

this is the one that is actually referred by SLP, and oddly, is the cheapest...

http://www.gm-restorationparts.com/e...p?PartID=50926 (the price doesnt show up for some reason, but its 999 w/o the airbox, 1199 with it)

there was another one i found a few weeks ago that was 1800! i cant find it right now but if i do, ill post up.

what do you guys think? the 999 is obviously the "cheapest," but i went cheap before, and got screwed. im not making the same mistake twice.

input? thanks guys
Old 01-20-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

If you want an OEM hood that is about right on what you are going to pay for it at least $1000+, unless of course you can find a used one. PM badbluess on the board I know he had and OEM SS hood as he went to a VFN hood. I think he recently was trying to sell it again.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Yup, get a used one and repaint it. It will be MUCH cheaper. You'll spend over $1,000 for a new one and likely then another ~$500 to have it painted, at least. I got a used OEM one for my Z and couldn't be happier with it. It fits perfectly and just looks better than some of the aftermarket ones.
Old 01-20-2005, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

i have a gm ss hood off of a 02 ss if your interested. pm me
Old 01-21-2005, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DopeFedZ
If you want an OEM hood that is about right on what you are going to pay for it at least $1000+, unless of course you can find a used one. PM badbluess on the board I know he had and OEM SS hood as he went to a VFN hood. I think he recently was trying to sell it again.
i searched for someone named "badblueSS" but couldn't find them. you must be refferring to bad black ss, my mad detective skills found him, and he has a VFN hood, so it must be him thanks for the lead though, i will PM him.

thanks for the input as well, everyone else

i have no beef with buying a used one, but most people get discouraged about shipping it cuz its so expensive and such a hassel, and i understand that entirely. finding a local SS owner willing to give up his SS hood is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

ive been looking for a while, and im getting kinda desperate...hence considering going after a new one. i just want this ordeal to be over!

Last edited by z28 mayo; 01-21-2005 at 01:25 AM.
Old 01-21-2005, 06:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by z28 mayo
i searched for someone named "badblueSS" but couldn't find them. you must be refferring to bad black ss, my mad detective skills found him, and he has a VFN hood, so it must be him thanks for the lead though, i will PM him.

thanks for the input as well, everyone else

i have no beef with buying a used one, but most people get discouraged about shipping it cuz its so expensive and such a hassel, and i understand that entirely. finding a local SS owner willing to give up his SS hood is like trying to find a needle in a haystack.

ive been looking for a while, and im getting kinda desperate...hence considering going after a new one. i just want this ordeal to be over!
Just do a username search for badbluess. It came up for me when I tried.

Quick Reply: best place to order an OEM SS hood from?