Sponsored by: DashLynx

dash????

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dash????

Hey Guys
I have a 2000 WS6 and i need to clean out the plastric piece in front of the gauges in the dash. But how do i get to it. Help me out guys?
Old 03-20-2005, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ctd03
Hey Guys
I have a 2000 WS6 and i need to clean out the plastric piece in front of the gauges in the dash. But how do i get to it. Help me out guys?
I would also like to know how to do this because I have a bug that got in there and died and it's driving me nuts.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I only know how because I changed out the gauge cluster for a white one. You have to take off the panel under the stering wheel (2 phillips and 2 9/32 hex). After that, you will see 4 big screws holding up the steering wheel column. There will be 2 up top and 2 on a v-shaped safety frame (next to ones at top). Undo these four screws and let the steering column drop. It should lower about 2-3 inches and hang on its own. After this is out of the way, undo the 2 screws at the top of the bezel that surrounds the clear plastic gauge cover. After it is out of the way, just unscrew the gauge cluster (4 screws, can't miss) and pull towards you. You will not have to worry about wires because it plugs into the dash with a grid. After it is taken off, you just pop off the face.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I hope this helps. It took me 1 1/2 hours to do mine but I was taking a lot of time with the gauges. it should only take you 30-40 minutes. It will be worth it though. You also may want to glue some kind of foam weatherstripping to the hole at the trip odometer reset. I didn't do this but I wish i would have to keep any more dust and bugs from entering the gauge cluster.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2000BlkCamaroSS
I hope this helps. It took me 1 1/2 hours to do mine but I was taking a lot of time with the gauges. it should only take you 30-40 minutes. It will be worth it though. You also may want to glue some kind of foam weatherstripping to the hole at the trip odometer reset. I didn't do this but I wish i would have to keep any more dust and bugs from entering the gauge cluster.
Thanks 2000BlkCamaroSS I will try that whenever I get some free time on my hands.

Quick Reply: dash????