Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Centermount exhaust valance install ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 08:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Centermount exhaust valance install ?

I got the one piece SLP centermount exhaust valance. Painted it yesterday and looking to put it on today. It came with two thicknesses of doubleface tape but no instructions. I suspect the thinner tape goes on the sides??

Anyone have experience with this??

Also has anyone molded their valance into the rear bumper?? If so what did you use for adhesive and filler?? any pictures??

Thanks!!!
Old 03-14-2005, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I didnt have much luck with the tape. It would stick for a day or two then fall down. So I used some clear plastic & emblem adhesive, I put this were the tape was. Heres how I done it:
1. clean the bumper & valance
2. go ahead & install the valance without the glue. Just put it in place then install the three tabs to hold it in place.
3. aply the adhesive around the top of the valance
4. start on 1 side, go ahead and stick the valance where you would like it (on the bottom of the bumper) each time you get a part in place put a piece of maskin tape in place to hold the valance in place until it drys. Do the same until the whole thing is in place.

Theres pics in my website, just click on my user name then view my homepage.
Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I taped it on yesterday. I am not crazy about this install. I don't like the gap and uneveness. If it falls off I may try your method.

I would prefer to glue it and fill the gap, then repaint the bumper. Then it would be seamless. I don't know what glue or filler would be compatible with these two materials. If I figure it out and do it I will post pictures.

I have to say though, this looks badass with this valance and the quad tips!!!

Old 03-14-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had some problems with the the tape on the valance...the gap is pretty big and the tape shows. I'm going to pull it off and try it again...this time, I'm going to color the edge of the tape with a black marker to try and hide it (thanks SS LS1 for the tip)...I never thought of the trim adhesive.

Quick Reply: Centermount exhaust valance install ?