Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

vfn ss hood

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default vfn ss hood

does anyone have a vfn 3" ram air hood on there forth gen.......i have a 96 that i want a ramair hood for when i get it back with my new motor but was wondering a lil more about this hood..outta all the diff ram air ones i've seen i like this one the best....and if you have it did ya make it functional and how long did it take to get
Old 03-20-2005, 03:18 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought one last fall, but it's sitting in the rafters at work. it's their C/F version, the paintable one, not the import style (my oppinion). it took about 3-4 weeks, and has a killer look. i saw it on ARE's car, which they've changed since then. i'm sure there is something you can do to rig it up to make it functional, but i'd call them up and see if they've come up with something. i can't remember now, but i thought Armando over there said they were looking into that. i just needed it for the look and clearance of the new motor. take a look at my homepage and scroll down. you'll see several pics of my hood on the ground and a pic or 2 of ARE's car i mentioned. hope that helps some.

later,
Dave
Old 03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yep thats the hood all right...all i'm tryin to find now is the air box and i think i can fab up the bottom to link up to it...i was just wondering how fit is and all on these...but thats deffinately the look i want....i like the ram air but everyone elses just looks a lil ordinary and i want somethin more agressive to go on my car
Old 03-20-2005, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i understand completely. i loved the look the first time i saw it and after over a year, i finally got one for myself. no regrets and can't wait to get it on. hopefully soon too.

Dave

Quick Reply: vfn ss hood