Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Front Grill question

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Grill question

Does anyone know where the stock front grill is bolted on? Are there any diagrams around that show the locations of the nuts etc of that grill? I want to remove mine but I'm just curious as to where it's attached. Looks like one on each end but where else? And if I wanted to try to remove this safely how do I access the inside of the bumper?

Thanks..
Old 03-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pailheadz28
Does anyone know where the stock front grill is bolted on? Are there any diagrams around that show the locations of the nuts etc of that grill? I want to remove mine but I'm just curious as to where it's attached. Looks like one on each end but where else? And if I wanted to try to remove this safely how do I access the inside of the bumper?

Thanks..
Just pull it right out. There is no bolts. Start from the bottom up.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:35 AM
On The Tree

Well if you yank it out, you will prolly break the clips, if you want to take it off without breaking the clips, first pop your hood and remove the retaining clips for the front facia, I think there is like 6-8 clips, once there all off, you can reach down and take the clips off, a little elbos grease, but you will be able to remove your front grille and still have those clips for the future. I also think you can get to a few clips from under the car if my memory serves correctly..

good luck !!

-Pewter
Originally Posted by pailheadz28

Thanks..
Old 03-22-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There are three metal clips long the bottom middle, and three nuts at the top, and two hooks either side.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:58 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys.. much appreciated. Yeah I just don't want to yank it off, I plan on getting a billet grill and if/when I sell the car I want to put the stock back on. Although I'm pretty sure I can find one in the junkyard or ebay but you know what I'm saying...

Thanks again..

Quick Reply: Front Grill question