Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Latest Carnage

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2005, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Latest Carnage

Well this happened to today as I was in a left turn lane to turn left. I was doing about 20 or less in the lane, the strait lanes were backed up and a Toyota Avalon was cutting in front of a few in that lane to get in the turn lane. He plowed right in to my QP and right rear wheel and sent me into a fishtail, good thing I'm a good driver, or I'd have tagged some one else. Result of damage aside from the obvious is: the rear end is now shifted to the left, possible bent axel shaft, maybe the BMR LCA's and SLP SFC's. Also this threw my front alignment all off to. This is all the other dudes fault, and I thanked him for taking my car of the road for the next few months, or possibly forever if the damage to the framework is to bad fix.
Attached Thumbnails Latest Carnage-full-side.jpg   Latest Carnage-qp.jpg   Latest Carnage-rim.jpg   Latest Carnage-upper-qp.jpg  
Old 04-09-2005, 04:40 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by rtr2001ss
Well this happened to today as I was in a left turn lane to turn left. I was doing about 20 or less in the lane, the strait lanes were backed up and a Toyota Avalon was cutting in front of a few in that lane to get in the turn lane. He plowed right in to my QP and right rear wheel and sent me into a fishtail, good thing I'm a good driver, or I'd have tagged some one else. Result of damage aside from the obvious is: the rear end is now shifted to the left, possible bent axel shaft, maybe the BMR LCA's and SLP SFC's. Also this threw my front alignment all off to. This is all the other dudes fault, and I thanked him for taking my car of the road for the next few months, or possibly forever if the damage to the framework is to bad fix.
i had something similar happen to me also, except i got hit directly on the left rear wheel. my damage report: bent axle, bent traction bar, knocked totally out of line, bent rim, scratched rear bumper. luckily there weren't any dents, and i had my z06 rims off for winter. total was right around 2,300 bucks. by the way, i also live in va beach. we got good luck.
Old 04-09-2005, 05:07 PM

I hate seeing stuff like this, hopefully he had insurance?? Either way it still sucks, even if the car is fixed it's still never going to be the same just cause you know what happend.. Make sure and take it to a reputible place to get it fixed so you know its done right. Best of luck man!!
Old 04-09-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

sorry about your car, man. but..i'm from va. beach too! tallwood high school

although i'm stationed in ga, now
Old 04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, the car that tagged me was a dealership car and it was one of the lot guys driving it. Went to the dealer and the assistant manager is all about helping me out. He even asked me if the lot guy was screwing around or blasting music or something, all I could say was "not that I could tell." Regardless, that dude will probably get fired. I just hope everything will get back together right, I've already cope with the "it's been wrecked before". Took out a tree with the front end 2 years ago. I'm taking it back to the people who fixed it last time.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man dude, sorry to see that.

Quick Reply: Latest Carnage