Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

F-Body Gauge Cluster mod ideas...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Body Gauge Cluster mod ideas...

Hey all...

I am adding two Auto Meter Cobolt series gauges to my A-Pillar. I have a 94 Hawk, and the gauge cluster for us earlier LT1 guys kinda sucks. I have seen a few Vettes (newer ones at least) that have the cobolt series gauges and they match their dash gauges PERFECTLY! I was wondering if anyone had, or knew how to change the appearence of our gaiges to mimic those colors (like the lights) to match the Cobolt series gauges. I know a few of you have done the lights and stuff....but i was wondering if anyone knew how to match the Vette and the Cobolt Series ones. Getting an overlay shouldn't be a problem, i have a guy who should know how to do that....but as for the lights, that would be a big help!

Tris
Old 04-12-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The cobalt series gauges come with LEDs behind the gauge face. You could go to the autometer website and look up the part# for different colored LEDs, order them from your local Autometer retailer, and install them in place of the blue LEDs. As for installing them into the gauge, somebody else will have to help you with that as I don't know how.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

well, doing this on a TA isnt quite so easy. camaro guys can just swap bulbs in their gauge cluster, but TA gauge clusters dont use colored bulbs. its a white bulb, and the gauge cluster has a red film in the places where light shines through... so you can put in blue bulbs/leds...but youd get a purple-ish color..
Old 04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks man...any other suggestions??
Old 04-12-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SLPHawk300
That sucks man...any other suggestions??
I believe 97 Camaro clusters will bolt right in place of a TA one. I know they are wired the same. You could get a 97 Camaro cluster and then you'd at least have a cluster thats tinted blue to start with.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Resident

Nah, i'm a 94...i need to stay with the manual odometer. Fuc* it...i'll just stick with what i have, nevermind
Old 04-12-2005, 11:58 PM

Well there is a way for the Trans Am/Firebird guys to do whatever color they want, but you have to get overlays first... When you install them, instead of putting them over the stock faces, peel off the stock face (tapes on) and just put the overlays on.. Then you can do whichever color you would like!
-Nathan

Quick Reply: F-Body Gauge Cluster mod ideas...