Sponsored by: DashLynx

3 Quick Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 01:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 3 Quick Questions...

Alrighty. 3 quick questions...

1) What would be the ideal product and procedure for removing the red trans am/bird on the tailight center panel? And the best way to replace it with a decal without skewing the positioning...

2) Best product and procedure for prepping decals on the side badges and front bird? And then for the headrests? (leather)

3) Anyone know where I might be able to find the plastic covers that go over the rear of the 2 front seats? The previous owner appears to have taken a ******* chainsaw to mine, and they look like garbage. And any idea how difficult or not, that swap might be?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. This board rocks for info!
Old 04-14-2005, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hopefully this answers atleast one of your questions...

try spraying the decal and the place you are applying to with water before placing it on. this gives you room for error as you can move it around some. use a spay bottle with water and add one drop of soap. i got this method off of brents page for applying rear camaro inserts and it worked great.

only major thing to prepping decals is to make sure they're clean. you can use alchohol pads or something like that for cleaning up.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Launching!

To answer your 1st question.... best way to get rid of the red bird and lettering is to wet-sand it off. Start with 1000 grit (wet) and do the entire center section. Follow it up with 2000 grit (wet again) until all of the red comes off. It may take a little bit of work, but eventually it will all come off. After that's done, rub out all the scratches with Mother's Plastix rubbing compound. It's for polishing up clear plastic stuff like lenses and windscreens. After a couple rub-downs the center section will look like glass. Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys, any other suggestions? Or idea about the black plastic panels?

TTT

Last edited by SaintNJ; 04-15-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: 3 Quick Questions...