Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

LS1 center console in LT1

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 center console in LT1

I ran a search on this but couldnt figure out if the center console from an LS1 car would bolt diorectly into a LT1? Anyone know?
Old 04-24-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, it fits perfectly. I did the conversion awhile back. The only modification you'll need to do is that there's an extra peg about where the cup holder is in the center of the console, it helps for stability... you can either cut the peg off, or drill a hole in the metal bracket that's underneath where the peg is so that the peg is still functional. I drilled the hole, and it worked great... really stiff console doesn't wobble around at all. It's a GREAT mod to do, and you'll really like the results. Only down part is the huge space you'll have left over... here's a pic:

(This pic was directed at the seat covers, but you can get the idea of the console just as well)

Edit: found a better picture for ya. In this pic, you can see I actually just shoved a really fluffy snow hat into the open space, it fit in really well and is only noticeable in pictures with flash.
Old 04-24-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for replying. Yea my console lid broke on mine and I hate the cup holder... Plus I like the way the 97+ style looks too. Just gotta get me a console now
Old 04-24-2005, 05:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a guy on ebay, **** if I could remember the name since it's been so long, he runs a junkyard and parts out fbodies on ebay. In any case, I got mine for like $100-$150, wasn't so bad of a price. Believe it or not, if you some how score a lid with a working hinge from a junkyard, you can sell the 93-96 console on ebay for over 100, mine sold for $110 when I was planning on just throwing it away.

Edit: did some browsing around, found this install for ya, from what I remember it was pretty in depth. I think this is the one I used. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/fbody/console.htm
Old 04-24-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey thx for that link, that helps alot. I just placed a bid on ebay for a center console. Started at $25.00... prolly go up over $100. Hey I sent you a PM asking where you got them seat covers.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:34 PM
Launching!

i got mine on ebay for $27 plus $15 shipping. if u dont need one right away, dont bid high. they always have one almost every week.

Quick Reply: LS1 center console in LT1