Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is it happening to 4th Gens yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it happening to 4th Gens yet?

I own an '86 IROC so I usually post on thirdgen.org . Anyways, within the past 1-2 yrs I've noticed more mods to the exterior of these cars that shall I say would normally be found on a Honda.

Is it happening much with 4th Gens? Reason I ask is because I was on my way up to college and noticed a nice Camaro going the other way when I realized it had this huge (fiberglass) wing stickin up probably about to the height of the roof
Old 05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny you say that. I saw a 3rd gen today. That had a dual post mid rise wing that looked like it came off a Honda. I pulled up next to him at a light. He gave me a thumbs up and I looked at him and shook my head.
Old 05-01-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't think you'll see TOO much of that here in Houston...MOST F-bod drivers/owners here are pretty much anti-body kit.

Though I did see an early 90's Camaro with a rather gigantic wing on it down by Dickinson.....that poor car....
Old 05-01-2005, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

anyone who rices out f-bods should be shot...
Old 05-01-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree completely with Swang
Old 05-02-2005, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Swang
Agreed
Old 05-02-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sadly, there is a body kit, some sort of skyline thing? Great big fuggin whale mouth bumper thing.

Sidenote-it doesnt matter what we do to our cars, the Man will always be there to hassle, and earn his alotment of doughnuts.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:07 PM
TECH Resident

Its happening. More and more "kids" are buying these or their parents are buying them for them. They are sadly getting the spray can treatment, altezza tails, body kits, air ride(sometimes this is sweet), decals, and huge spoilers
Old 05-02-2005, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I considered the air ride, but not for the purposes of "slamming" it. My reasons were-nice ride, height adjustable, and they appeared to be able to make them firm enough to autoX on.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

hey, im a kid (16)...my car isnt rice!!
Old 05-02-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Absoultely, and they should be hung too.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by silver30th
hey, im a kid (16)...my car isnt rice!!
Good
Old 05-02-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually im a "kid." im 19. none of my sports cars have been riced. getting attention off of a light when running against someone is far cooler than getting attention from your car being all gaughty and screaming "look at me, i can spend money on ground effects (though half the time, these ground effects arent even painted, they give the excuse of 'carbon fiber' whatever the hell that means)." i can tell you guys what the problem is, that damn fast and the furious movie. somehow that movie gave off the impression that decals and stickers add power. so i guess theyre figuring the more stupid **** i put on my car, the faster it will be. the more my car can jump up and down or light up from every nick and kranny like a christmas tree, the faster it will be. back to the beginning. smoking someone off the light (especially one of those bastards with all the stupid **** thats just for show) is far more delightful than any 2 foot spoiler ever could be.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually im a "kid." im 19. none of my sports cars have been riced. getting attention off of a light when running against someone is far cooler than getting attention from your car being all gaughty and screaming "look at me, i can spend money on ground effects (though half the time, these ground effects arent even painted, they give the excuse of 'carbon fiber' whatever the hell that means)." i can tell you guys what the problem is, that damn fast and the furious movie. somehow that movie gave off the impression that decals and stickers add power. so i guess theyre figuring the more stupid **** i put on my car, the faster it will be. the more my car can jump up and down or light up from every nick and kranny like a christmas tree, the faster it will be. back to the beginning. smoking someone off the light (especially one of those bastards with all the stupid **** thats just for show) is far more delightful than any 2 foot spoiler ever could be.
Rock on brotha I wrote a paper on how imports are the downfall, and ultimate cause of new laws, and problems in society.

Quick Reply: Is it happening to 4th Gens yet?