Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The Car Cover Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 09:01 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Car Cover Life

NOAH Custom Fit Car Covers @ afterthoughtsauto.com (sponsor)
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/noahcusfitca.html

I figured I'd type of a little review as I've had my car for over four years now and I finally got a car cover for it. Now that I'm living in an apartment and dont have the "luxury" of a carport, which did a great job of keeping the dirt off the car (but also let it get covered with pollen and spiderwebs), I picked up a car cover. I went with the NOAH cover from afterthoughtsauto, which only took a little over a week to arrive. After messing with it this weekend and having it a few days here is what I think...

I'm liking it quite a bit. It fits VERY well with elastic around the front and rear bumpers, and it even has little pockets for the side view mirrors. It has two reinforced plastic rings that you run a cable through and lock it underneath the car to make sure it stays on there. I can definitely see it keeping the car very clean as the only exposed part of the car is about the very bottom of the tire and wheel, maybe an inch or two showing at the most. It is very soft and I seriously doubt it'll do any damage at all to the paint. Its also very lightweight so it's easy to handle alone, another big plus in my book.

While expensive initially, it'll save me work and time in the long run, so it'll pay for itself as far as I'm concerned. This product gets a 5 out of 5 in the mod book, and I'm sorry I waited so long to get one. If you dont drive the car everyday and especially if you dont have a garage I'd suggest checking one out (doesn't have to be the NOAH cover, any cover should do as long as it's a quality product). For someone like me that hates spending all of Saturday morning cleaning the car just to take it on a nice drive over the weekend, then letting it sit and collect dust during the week, this thing is invaluable. It'll keep the car clean longer and keep my lazy butt from having to work so much on keeping it looking nice. I waited four years too long to get this.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you noticed any swirl marks made by the cover?
Old 07-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Negative. I just make sure to clean the car before putting it under the cover and I haven't noticed any swirls. It has a very soft underlayer and I think swirls aren't even a concern unless you put the cover on a dirty car.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Junkie

i have the same car cover for my '87 Iroc, I love it!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

I like afterthoughts and I was going to order a cover from them but I got a great deal on a cover from Car motorsports so I couldn't pass it up. Lifetime warrenty on the cover too. I hope I like mine as much as you like yours