Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can you spray a pearl over a car that was painted 6 months ago? And other questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Can you spray a pearl over a car that was painted 6 months ago? And other questions

the cars silver and car was painted about 6 months ago (5000 miles ago)

wondering what needs to be done to spray a black or dark gray pearl over the paint? Can I just spray the pearl over the car if it has about 3 coats of clear?

Anyone have any ideas to what color pearls would look really nice over a silver?

Old 07-21-2005, 02:23 PM
Teching In

Pearl is hard on a silver car you have to be creative here. maybe a blue. If there is no response about the paint ill hit you up later my friend is a body tech ill ask him. later man
Old 07-21-2005, 11:53 PM
TECH Regular

well you would wet sand the whole car with 6-800 wet. Pick out a pearl color that you like, mix that in your clear and spray as many coats as you want, depending on how noticable you want to make it. Then spray 2-3 coats of just clear on top of your pearl coat. As far as colors go that is up to you. blues, greens, purples, all would look pretty good. I would recommend shooting some test panels to see what you like before you go spraying the car.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Addict

I thought about having this done for my car. I get sick of my flat red. I just love how NBM and colors like pewter have that metallic depth to them.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Scotty-Z
I get sick of my flat red. I just love how NBM and colors like pewter have that metallic depth to them.
That's one of the reasons I went from Black to NBM!