Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Removing door panel?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Removing door panel?

Hey guys how does the door panel come off? I was thinking there's prolly a couple screws then it'll just have to be pried off cause I think its held in with those stupid push pins like EVERY other piece on this car! Am I right or wrong on this?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 AM
Teching In

You will need to pull the trim around the door handle off first to release the main panel part; disconnect the wiring from your power windows to lift it free. Other than that you've got the right idea, just lift the actual panel up and it should pop right off
Old 08-04-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just rip the thing off

Last edited by WhtLT1; 08-04-2005 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes theres plastic hooks around the edge of the door that will break easily so be gentle
Also remove the black triangle behind the side mirror it makes it a little easier to take the door off. Oh and make sure to disconnect your wiring to your speakers if u have a componet system or youll have wires running to your tweeter.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the compliments The door panel is attatched with hooks like Lt14mla said, he also caught my slip up about forgetting to mention the sail panel. The door release trim tends to be somewhat tricky to get off, at least it was for me when I did this the other week. The door lock is attatched by clips on the back of the plastic piece so don't be afraid to force it a bit to get it to pop off; once you have it removed it's just a matter of sliding the trim up and off the door handle. The second door should be much quicker for you if you're anything like me... Re-assembling everything is almost more difficult, getting the door panel hooks to all slide back in right was extremely difficult for me so I settled for sliding the bottom row in and punching the top portion on which proved to be a whole lot quicker and less aggravating in the end. (The clips aren't too fragile so I wouldn't worry about breaking them unless you don't have the door lined up properly.) To re-attatch the door release trim I found it was easiest to pull the door locked and slide the metal rod back into position on the trim then snap on the plastic door lock piece back into place last. Hope it helps and good luck!

Last edited by aaron1987; 08-04-2005 at 05:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Removing door panel?